We are looking for a high calibre, enthusiastic graduate to join our tax team as a Tax Associate.
Our clients range from private individuals to owner managed businesses, entrepreneurs, charities, and large limited companies across a broad range of industries. In order to ensure we meet our core values of quality of service, client care and commercial advice in plain and simple English, in this ever-changing technological world, we continue to develop our processes and procedures to meet our clients’ needs. We are continually growing via word of mouth and our reputation. It an exciting time to join our team!
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to pursue a career in tax and work within our award-winning tax team. The successful candidate will be given formal training as an apprentice, working towards gaining their CTA qualification becoming a Chartered Tax Advisor via the CTA pathway. This position offers flexible working hours, including working from home and as an apprenticeship, full study support.
You will work in a friendly and progressive team who believe in giving you responsibilities early on supporting them to deliver a high standard of compliance work to their clients. You will learn how to prepare tax returns, meeting deadlines and budgets, liaise with clients on tax matters and deal with HMRC. As well as your formal technical training gained via your studies, you will also attend inhouse training to further expand your knowledge and be provided with opportunities to attend personal development training which will support your growth with us. As your knowledge and experience develops, there will be opportunities to work within the specialist tax advisory services offered by the department. Each trainee receives individual support through their training with a dedicated study champion and a partner mentor who will guide them through their career progression.
During your first year you will learn how to:
- Prepare personal tax returns and rental accounts
- Submit tax returns
- Prepare VAT registrations
- Prepare P11Ds
- Assist with administration of fee protection work
- Develop skills to communicate with stakeholders
As your role develops through your second and third year you will be taking on more responsibility dealing with clients and helping to supervise new trainees.
To be successful in this role you will need to be dedicated and conscientious to meet the demands of your studies whilst working full-time. You will need to be confident, have good communication skills with the ability to build relationships, be commercially aware and enjoy working as part of a team. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is also required.
- Strong Analytical Skills: Ability to analyse complex financial data and tax regulations to provide accurate and efficient solutions.
- Excellent Time Management: Capacity to balance work and study commitments effectively, meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-Oriented: A keen eye for detail to ensure precision in tax calculations and compliance with regulations.
- Effective Communication: Clear and concise communication skills, essential for conveying complex tax concepts to clients and team members.
- Adaptability and Learning Agility: Willingness to adapt to evolving tax laws and industry changes while managing the demands of both work and ongoing education.
- Achieved a 2:1 degree in any discipline or the equivalent.
- Minimum 120 UCAS points (300 UCAS points or more for those who passed exams prior to 2017) or equivalent.
- GCSE minimum of Grade 6 for Maths and English Language and minimum of Grade 4 for all other subjects (B or above in Maths and English Language and C or above for all other subjects for those who passed exams prior to 2017) or equivalent.
- Have the right to work in the UK