We are looking for a high calibre, enthusiastic graduate to join our Business Services Department
working within our Audit & Accounts team. You will be studying to become a chartered accountant
following the ACA (Associate Chartered Accountant) qualification delivered by the Institute of Charted
Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) via an apprenticeship.
Our clients range from private individuals to owner managed businesses, entrepreneurs, charities, and
large limited companies across a broad range of industries. To ensure we meet our core values of quality
of service, client care and commercial advice in plain and simple English, in this ever-changing
technological world, we continue to develop our processes and procedures to meet our client’s needs.
We are continually growing via word of mouth and our reputation.
It is an exciting time to join our team!
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to pursue a career in audit and accounts
within our award-winning team. The successful candidate will be given formal training as an apprentice,
initially working towards gaining their qualification in the ICAEW ACA qualification becoming a Chartered
Accountant. This position provides full study support.
You will work in a friendly and progressive team who believe in giving you responsibilities early on
supporting them to deliver a high standard of work to their clients. You will learn how to prepare
accounts, meeting deadlines and budgets, liaise with clients on accounting matters and learn the how
to prepare basic corporation tax computations.
As well as your formal technical training gained via your studies, you will also attend inhouse training to
further expand your knowledge and be provided with opportunities to attend personal development
training which will support your growth with us. Each trainee receives individual support through their
training with a dedicated buddy and a partner mentor who will guide you through your career
progression. This position offers hybrid working after your probationary period allowing you to work
flexible working hours from any suitable location with an appropriate working environment.
Duties will include:
- Start to develop analytical skills such as learning to analyse client’s bank data or rental
- Learn how to prepare statutory accounts from client’s accounting software and manual
- Attend client’s sit to carry out stock taking and understand how these fits into the audit
- Carry out audit assignments as part of a team in the office or at clients' sites.
- Develop skills to prepare and set up audit and non-audit working papers.
- Learn how to prepare corporation tax computations.
- Understand and learn how to use software such as Xero and how this interplays with
Accounts Production software.
- Learn how to prepare management accounts.
- Learn how to use CCH accounts production software and CaseWare audit software.
- Apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on-the-job experience.
- Develop client communication skills, both by phone, email, and face to face.
- Achieved a 2:1 degree in any discipline or equivalent
- A levels or equivalent grade A-C - Minimum 120 UCAS points (300 UCAS points or more for those who passed exams prior to
2017) or equivalent.
- GCSEs grade 9/A*-4/C minimum of Grade 6 for Maths and English Language
- You would need to be IT literate.
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Experience of bookkeeping or accounting software is beneficial
- Adaptability: Demonstrate the ability to seamlessly integrate academic knowledge with real world practicalities, adjusting swiftly to changing work demands while pursuing ongoing
- Time Management: Showcase effective organisation and prioritisation skills, efficiently juggling
academic commitments with professional responsibilities to meet deadlines and deliver high quality results.
- Analytical Thinking: Exhibit strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, applying
theoretical concepts learned in university to analyse complex financial scenarios and contribute
valuable insights to the accounting team.
- Communication Skills: Clearly articulate ideas, both in writing and verbally, fostering effective
collaboration within the team. Strong interpersonal skills are essential for conveying financial
information to diverse stakeholders.
- Integrity: Uphold a commitment to ethical conduct and integrity, aligning academic learning
with professional practice in adherence to accounting principles and industry regulations.
- Responsibility and Ownership: Exhibit forward-thinking by actively taking responsibility and
ownership of work while concurrently managing academic pursuits.
Grunberg & Co
We are an award-winning top 100 accountancy firm, achieving in 2019, Tolley’s Best Single Office Tax Practice in the UK,
Top 10 Accountancy Employer, finalists for Graduate and Non-Graduate Programme of the year and Mid-Tier Firm of the
Year. We have fantastic modern offices in North London and are forward thinking in our approach to both clients and
staff and offer a supportive and progressive working environment. Our clients range from private individuals, to
owner managed businesses, entrepreneurs, charities, and large limited companies across a broad range of industries.
In order to ensure we meet our core values of quality of service, client care and commercial advice in plain and simple
English, in this ever-changing technological world, we continue to develop our processes and procedures to meet our
clients needs. We are continually growing via word of mouth and our reputation. It is an exciting time to join our team!