Do you want to work in a great startup with ultra-talented people, shape the frontend technology landscape, and work from home only 4-days a week?
About the role:
We are looking for a talented part or fully qualified ESG Accountant who wants to join a startup, create impact from day one and drive the assurance process and development. It is an excellent opportunity for you to help us shape the future of our ESG and Sustainability Assurance process.
You will be working with customers to understand how best to calculate their ESG and Sustainability Metrics, ensure that projects are delivered on time and to satisfaction and develop reports for clients.
The successful candidate will learn about and stay on top of evolving landscapes in emissions regulation and standard-setting, and connect these changes to our broader reporting and technology strategy.
We want you to bring knowledge and experience from your past to show us how we can make things better. Our team is lean and strong with a limited number of meetings, and this opportunity comes with the freedom to ‘Do The Right Thing’ and make crucial decisions around our products, technology and tools.
You will be working very closely with our product managers, engineers, designers, and data scientists to integrate robust technology-driven solutions into what we offer to our customers. So there is plenty to learn and multiple directions you can take your career forward.
- You are a part-qualified accountant working towards your ACA.
- Evidence of ability to build influence without authority, including having built and managed relationships with individuals in other businesses (eg customers or suppliers).
- A structured approach to the organisation of record keeping.
- A self-starter, who can help to define and develop this new role within the firm.
- Desire to be a key member of a small, high-performing team.
- Experience in improving processes and systems for reporting, including working with external systems providers.
- To enjoy working as a team and to have fun!
Nice to have:
- 6-12 months of experience working in sectors related to climate advisory and/or sustainability consultancy.
- Moderate/ Advanced Excel skills
- £25,000 - £32,000 salary (based on experience and location).
- 4 days work week.
- 25 holiday days (+bank holidays).
- EMI company shares.
- Choose your own equipment.
- Opportunity to learn new things and make a difference.
- A leadership team who never takes a laptop on holiday and doesn't install any work-related software on his personal mobile phone
Place of work:
Introduction with the Head of Audit
Meet the rest of the team
Omnevue.com is on a mission to make Environment and Social Governance (ESG) reporting accessible and meaningful for SMEs and Startups. As global governments and regulators emphasise things like net-zero CO2 emissions, gender pay gap, diversity, and sustainable business practices, companies of all sizes must take action to transform the way they do business.
Omnevue has developed a proprietary and unique methodology to assess the ESG impact using only information sets and data easily and readily available within all SMEs. This methodology was developed by Marc Lepere (Founder & Chief Science Officer) as part of his PhD research at King's College London and refined in collaboration with Edinburgh University and RedRice Ventures in partnership with the British Business Bank.
- Executives remuneration is visible to everyone
- Support a fully flexible workforce to work from the office or at home – anywhere in the world
- Every employee will receive a share of the company via an Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) option scheme
- Carbon net-zero C02e emissions commitment
- Always do the right thing, even when no one is watching