Do you see yourself as a future finance leader? Are you looking for a first-class, fully funded graduate opportunity to train as a chartered accountant?
Then our Graduate Trainee programme might be what you’re looking for!
Your career as an auditor starts as soon as you join us. Alongside the professional ICAEW qualification training, you will join audit teams and gain practical experience with our clients, working with them either from their offices or online, either from home or from one of our offices. You will take part in the audit of over 800 public bodies throughout Wales, ensuring that the work you do makes a real difference to the citizens of Wales. You will also learn how to establish and maintain good working relationships internally and externally, while studying for your accountancy qualification and being supported in a full learning and development programme. You will need to be a resourceful and resilient person.
As a place to work - we are a little different. We genuinely care about our people, offering a welcoming culture and an environment that encourages a positive work life balance.
Plus, you’ll also enjoy some impressive benefits and have access to the support, guidance and training to achieve all your short-term and long-term career goals.
We’re genuinely interested in who you are, your strengths and your potential.
Regardless of degree discipline, we’re looking for individuals with a very good academic background who are committed to improving public sector services and see themselves as the future leaders within the public sector in Wales.
You will need a 2:1 class degree in any discipline or a 2:2 where you have additional qualifications such as a masters. Very good academic results at A level or equivalent academic level and GCSE English language level 4/C and GCSE Maths level 5/B.
- Be committed to working within the public sector in Wales
- Be naturally inquisitive, confident to challenge and to be challenged but in a professional manner
- Be able to show excellent attention to detail while being able to see the bigger picture
- Be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Be able to demonstrate good questioning and listening skills
- Be able to demonstrate resilience to balance the demands of working alongside professional training
- Be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills with a team working ethos; and
- Be able to demonstrate motivation and commitment to become an accountant.
Further information about the skills and abilities required for the role can be found in our job description.