The role in brief
Voted No.2 in the Top 50 SME Apprenticeship Employers Rankings of 2023, you will be joining our Payroll college leaver programme which will give you the skills and support you need to unlock a future full of new opportunities and experiences within the world of Payroll.
You will enjoy a combination of on-the-job learning and structured training, not to mention an interesting client list to work with. You will be given full study support towards the Payroll Admin NVQ Level 3 and Level 5, and then have the option to go on to a further professional qualification.
Who we are looking for
This is an ideal opportunity for enthusiastic individuals, educated to at least A Level standard, who want to gain a professional qualification within the Payroll profession and progress their career within an apprenticeship framework.
PM+M believes that its most valuable resource is its team members. The continued success of the organisation depends upon having highly motivated people with proper skills in the right job at the right time. We recognise the need to offer all team members a clear path of progression within the business.
Therefore as part of this programme, we will provide a study package towards Payroll Admin NVQ. Initially this will be the Level 3 NVQ; you will then go onto completing the Level 5 NVQ. We will include the relevant study leave as part of this, and will mentor you through your qualification journey. Once the qualification has been achieved we would look at further training opportunities to help develop your career, such as the CIPP.
We also provide a complementary range of internal training opportunities to ensure that you maximise your potential in areas such as becoming a trusted adviser, how to network, presentation skills etc with opportunities for progression around the firm.
We have quarterly performance review conversations to ensure your development is on track.
We also encourage you to get involved in wider firm initiatives and have your say on how we can progress on our journey towards being the best North West firm of finance professionals.
We are a vibrant, dynamic and award-winning firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers, with offices in Blackburn and Bury and a hub in Burnley, covering East Lancashire, Greater Manchester and beyond. Our vision is to be the best North West firm of finance professionals and we want great people to join our team and help us do that.
We are proud of our inclusivity and diversity, encouraging people to be the best they can be and to be involved, no matter their level of experience or role.
We are a member of Praxity, the 7th largest global accountancy association and the largest association of independent firms. Being part of Praxity allows us to have strong international connections and a great source of secondment opportunities.
Joining the PM+M team will help take your career to the next level. You will be joining a values led organisation with a unique culture where you will be encouraged to take ownership of your own development and achieve your career goals.
We understand that we thrive when we help our clients succeed and that is our core purpose. We also understand that, to do that, our people need to succeed and be happy and fulfilled.
Everyone is different and has different hopes and dreams and different personal circumstances at different stages of their lives. Our task is to listen to you, understand what you want to achieve next and then work with you to help you get there. Our working practices are really flexible, based on high degrees of trust and empowerment and can flex to suit your circumstances and needs.
Applications for this apprenticeship will be open from 15 November 2023, closing on 26 January 2024.
Assessment Centre days will take place week commencing 12 February 2024, with one held at our Blackburn office and one held at our Bury office.
The start date for this apprenticeship is Monday 2 September 2024.
What the role involves
• To assist the payroll team to deliver the firms payroll services to clients.
• To ensure all security and confidentiality procedures are adhered to.
• With guidance, working towards a high standard of processing whilst working efficiently to deadlines.
• To collect and enter payroll data, supplied by clients, into PM+M’s software so as to meet deadlines and ensure accurate and complete payroll information.
• To assist in the processing and calculation of net pay, for each employee on a clients’ payroll, using either computer software or manually applying the rules and tables supplied by HMRC.
• To assist with client queries and queries from other teams within PM+M.
• This role is based at Blackburn.
We’d like you to be:
• Keen to play an active role in a dynamic team and willing to contribute to the success of the team and the firm as a whole.
• Passionate about providing great client service.
• Great at communicating with people at all levels – face to face and in writing.
• Positive and good at using your initiative.
• Good at working under pressure.
• Be educated to A Level standard with a minimum of GCSE Grade 5 or above in English and Maths.
• Be familiar with the use of recognised software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Motivated and well organised.