The role in brief
Voted No.2 in the Top 50 SME Apprenticeship Employers Rankings of 2023, you will be joining our AAT college leaver programme which will give you the skills and support you need to unlock a future full of new opportunities and experiences within the world of Audit, Accounting + Advisory.
You will enjoy a combination of on-the-job learning and structured training, not to mention an interesting client list to work with. You will be given full study support towards the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and then have the option to go on to a further professional qualification.
Who we are looking for
This is an ideal opportunity for enthusiastic individuals, educated to at least A Level standard, who want to gain a professional qualification within the Audit, Accounting + Advisory profession and progress their career within an apprenticeship framework.
PM+M believes that its most valuable resource is its team members. The continued success of the organisation depends upon having highly motivated people with proper skills in the right job at the right time. We recognise the need to offer all team members a clear path of progression within the business.
Therefore as part of this programme, we will provide a study package towards the AAT Qualification Level 3 and Level 4, including study leave, and will mentor you through your qualification journey. Once the qualification has been achieved we would look at further training opportunities to help develop your career.
We also provide a complementary range of internal training opportunities to ensure that you maximise your potential in areas such as becoming a trusted adviser, how to network, presentation skills etc with opportunities for progression around the firm.
We have quarterly performance review conversations to ensure your development is on track.
We also encourage you to get involved in wider firm initiatives and have your say on how we can progress on our journey towards being the best North West firm of finance professionals.
We are a vibrant, dynamic and award-winning firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers, with offices in Blackburn and Bury and a hub in Burnley, covering East Lancashire, Greater Manchester and beyond. Our vision is to be the best North West firm of finance professionals and we want great people to join our team and help us do that.
We are proud of our inclusivity and diversity, encouraging people to be the best they can be and to be involved, no matter their level of experience or role.
We are a member of Praxity, the 7th largest global accountancy association and the largest association of independent firms. Being part of Praxity allows us to have strong international connections and a great source of secondment opportunities.
Joining the PM+M team will help take your career to the next level. You will be joining a values led organisation with a unique culture where you will be encouraged to take ownership of your own development and achieve your career goals.
We understand that we thrive when we help our clients succeed and that is our core purpose. We also understand that, to do that, our people need to succeed and be happy and fulfilled.
Everyone is different and has different hopes and dreams and different personal circumstances at different stages of their lives. Our task is to listen to you, understand what you want to achieve next and then work with you to help you get there. Our working practices are really flexible, based on high degrees of trust and empowerment and can flex to suit your circumstances and needs.
Applications for this apprenticeship will be open from 15 November 2023, closing on 26 January 2024.
Assessment Centre days will take place week commencing 12 February 2024, with one held at our Blackburn office and one held at our Bury office.
The start date for this apprenticeship is Monday 2 September 2024.
What the role involves
• You will carry out a variety of accountancy and audit assignments for clients in accordance with the firm’s procedures and report to the relevant client team leader and/or client manager.
• You will assist in audit assignments, when required, both in the firm’s offices and at client premises.
• You will be expected to have great communication skills to work within a team, keeping everyone up to date with the progress you are making.
• This role is based in Blackburn.
As well as some relevant experience in accountancy, we’d like you to be:
• Keen to play an active role in a dynamic team and willing to contribute to the success of the team and the firm as a whole.
• Passionate about providing great client service.
• Great at communicating with people at all levels – face to face and in writing.
• Positive and good at using your initiative.
• Good at working under pressure.
• Be educated to A Level standard with a minimum of GCSE Grade 5 or above in English and Maths. A relevant A level in Accountancy, Business Studies or Economics would be beneficial but is not a necessary requirement.
• Be familiar with the use of recognised software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Motivated and well organised.