We are looking for a driven candidate who would be interested in pursuing a career within accounting.
We are providing a personalized service to business owners and individuals.
Joining as an Accounting Apprentice, you will be providing accountancy and business support services to a portfolio of clients, operating across various industries. You will be working under the guidance of the senior accountants.
We are a well-established firm that embraces all of the latest technology enabling us to provide up to date real-time support to our clients. We are dynamic and continue to grow.
We are recruiting for a staff member who will report to the partner and senior members of the team. This role will involve contributing to the provision of an excellent range of accounting and tax services to all of our clients. The ideal candidate will be process driven, be able to take a common-sense approach and use analytical skills.
The duties will be:
- Post trial balances on to accounts software.
- Analyse bank statements in to cash books in excel and post on to accounts software.
- Complete accounts file working papers in excel.
- Apply accounting principles.
- Identify client queries.
- Post any accounting journals and disclosure data into accounts software.
- Prepare corporation tax computation.
- Prepare accounts file for accounts meeting.
- Complete a file for signing pack.
- Bookkeeping in accountancy software.
- Preparation of Payroll reports
- Ad hoc administrative duties as needed by the office
- Preparation and submission of VAT, CIS, Corporation Tax and Self-Assessment returns to HMRC
- Degree 2:1 is desirable
- A levels grade A-C or 120 UCAS points.
- GCSE's grades 9/A* - 4/C including Maths and English at 6/B minimum.
- Competent on Excel
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Adaptable and wanting to develop skills across various fields of accountancy and taxation.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to balance workloads to manage the needs of various clients.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Proactive and willing to take on increased responsibility when ready.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good relationship building skills.
- You will need to be flexible and be prepared to help others when needed. You will also have the ability to be able to work within a team.
GLM (Ghest Lloyd Limited)
PROVIDING FINANCIAL SERVICES COVERING ACCOUNTANCY, AUDITING AND TAX