ACA/ICAEW Graduate Trainee Auditor
You can apply now for our Graduate Trainee Auditor (ICAEW) role to start in September 2024. We offer fully funded training for the ACA through both in-house mentoring and classroom courses provided by Kaplan. Our ACA Training Manager will work closely with you to make sure that you have the smoothest possible progression through your apprenticeship program . Our trainees have an excellent training and exam rate pass rate track record.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated undergraduates/recent graduates to join our team. You will need to be predicted or have a minimum of 2:1 degree in any discipline and be keen to pursue a career in accountancy. A professional approach, good communication skills, being highly motivated, ambitious and keen to learn are all key characteristics you’ll need to join us. Experience is not essential as full training will be given.
Put simply audit is about examining a company’s results to ensure that they portray a true and fair view of the performance in the period. However in reality there is so much more to it. It’s gaining a deep understanding of the business under review and developing a fantastic working relationship with client to provide insight and add value. As part of your role you will learn how to:
- Check a client’s financial information, purchase and sales invoices, payroll records, bank balances and statements and balance sheet items
- Ensure sound knowledge of a client and its industry by researching background information
- Develop communication skills and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Utilise audit and analytics software
- Attend client meetings and social activities
Botham Accounting is a firm of Chartered Accountants, Auditors and Tax Advisers based in Nottingham city centre. Our culture is centred around collaboration and the attributes that make us a special place to work. We like to listen and doing this means that:
- our team have championed our adoption of new ways to help us work smarter. We have operated a paperless, cloud-based office for over 4 years; we are able to work remotely from home although the trainee team are office based to make sure that you get the training that you need; we will work with you to develop a long term study plan that supports your career progression, your interest and your personal circumstances.
Our working hours are 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday) and we operate flexitime based around core hours of 9:30am to 4pm. Your individual needs are important to us and we are as flexible in our support as possible.
We’re a friendly, welcoming bunch of people and in addition to paying a competitive salary and giving you the opportunity to gain experience with a diverse range of clients we organise regular social events and have fruit and cake every Tuesday morning in the office with our weekly meeting.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for this role to email@example.com.