Are you to kick start your career in finance? Do you want to work at a modern, dynamic startup that puts you and its team first? Abacai specialises in providing the full finance function for London based ecommerce startups. We are currently searching for a trainee accountant to follow our hands on, market leading training programme, to obtain the prestigious chartered accountancy qualification.
Join us in the early stages of our journey, to build your finance IQ and to have a real input on Abacai’s future!
What we offer
- Starting salary between £30,000 - £35,000 a year dependent on experience.
- Remote, flexible working.
- Clear pathway for career advancement with quick progression.
- Exciting and challenging work with ecommerce clients.
- Working with market leading technology.
- A collaborative, entrepreneurial culture that encourages innovation and growth.
- Monthly company socials (based in and around London).
- Private health insurance through AXA.
- Pension contributions.
Abacai was founded in 2018 by Adam and Bepi, charted accountants from Deloitte. Both founders enjoyed the diversity of working with multiple businesses during their time at Deloitte, but working at startups in their subsequent jobs ignited their passion for the energy and excitement of the startup world. This experience shaped their vision to start Abacai.
Their mission was to combine the flexibility and enjoyment of working in the fast-paced startup world, with the meticulous service you would expect from a big four accounting firm. Fast forward to today and Abacai now has a team of 8, working with clients such as Ocean Bottle, Sculpd and Edge of Ember, to name a few!
Having gone through the big four training program and being left underwhelmed and underprepared for a career finance, they created their own academy that is flexible and puts trainees first. A huge emphasis is placed on both professional and personal development.
Abacai provides full study support towards the chartered accountancy qualification, whilst also ensuring expertise is gained in all areas of finance.
We have and always will be a fully remote business, with a fantastic working culture. You’ll join our own virtual office, that prioritises work life balance and relationships at the same time. Think of it as having all the benefits of face-to-face contact, without the drawbacks of commuting!
We’ve grown exponentially in the past few years and have done so with sustainability at the core. We are a carbon negative business and intend to continue to remove plastic from our oceans and plant trees to ensure that there is a future for our planet.
As a trainee accountant, you will be assisting our team with providing the finance function to our ecommerce clients. You will get exposure to all areas of finance, work with business founders and use the latest market leading technology. With the guidance of the team, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing all areas of the finance function, including management accounts, bookkeeping, VAT returns, statutory accounts, corporation tax returns, payroll, budgeting and cashflow forecasting.
- Supporting clients to run their business on a day-to-day basis.
- Contributing to and enhancing our continually improving processes and culture.
The ideal candidate
- Has a bachelor’s degree.
- Has a minimum of ABB or equivalent A level results.
- Has a strong desire to obtain their chartered accountancy qualification (ACA ).
- Wants to work remotely (in our virtual office).
- Is available to travel to London once a month for a team social.
Applicants will only be considered if they include a CV and covering letter within the application.
For successful applicants, the interview process consists of three stages:
- A video interview and online tests (~1 hour).
- Interview with the founders (~30mins).
- Interview with the team members (~30mins).