Legislation is always changing, and it’s up to our team of approximately 35 people to stay on top of it. In this team, you will be looking for exciting new opportunities for clients, and supporting them through any changes that will impact their business. The nature of your work will flex in line with our clients’ situations, but that’s what makes it interesting - no day is ever the same.
This role is due to commence in August 2024.
Key aspects of the role include:
- To prepare and complete corporation tax returns, partnership tax computations and capital gains tax computations for a range of corporate clients, under the supervision of a Manager.
- Prepare draft correspondence on client matters for review.
- Discuss and resolve basic queries directly with clients, on the telephone and in face-to-face meetings, whilst referring more detailed queries to Managers/Partners as appropriate.
- Upon completion of training, to identify opportunities for tax planning.
- Produce clear and technically accurate letters and computations for submission to HM Revenue & Customs and clients.
New joiners in this team have the unique opportunity to gain not one but two chartered qualifications over 42 months: the Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) and the ACA qualification provided by the ICAEW.
You will study towards the qualifications via a level 7 apprenticeship, building not only on your technical skills, but also on your personal and professional development. Training consists of a combination of courses at the tutors’ offices, private study and regular exams, as well as on-the-job training. You will have paid study leave to support you in the run up to exams and all course and exam fees are paid for.
As the largest single-office accountancy firm in the UK, we describe ourselves as friendly and professional, with values ingrained in our culture of trust, client focus, exceptional service, specialist knowledge and approachability. We all work together under one roof, giving you the opportunity to collaborate, build relationships and shine from day one.
What's in it for you?
We go above and beyond for our clients, but also for you. We have a genuine commitment to your development, offering you a closely supported and structured programme of tuition, provided by a top firm of external tutors. Internally, you’ll be supported by a manager who will act as your mentor, a trainee buddy, partners, senior staff and a dedicated Training and Development Coordinator.
As you progress through your training you will receive incremental salary increases as you hit various milestones in your qualification.
You are the right person for the role if:
- You are a graduate with an inquiring mind and a sociable disposition, a problem solver with high standards, who thrives in a meritocracy.
- You are able to build meaningful, collaborative relationships with both clients and team members.
- You are keen to take ownership from an early stage and are committed to providing excellent client service at all times.
- You are a strong multitasker with the ability to prioritise your time to studying and working simultaneously.
No previous experience is required for our trainee roles, but to apply you will need to have:
- Or expect to obtain a 2.1 degree in any discipline, or equivalent
- A minimum of 120 UCAS Tariff points from your top 3 A-levels, or equivalent (300 using the old tariff)
- A minimum of Level 6 (B grade using the old system) in GSCE Maths and English Language, or equivalent
- The right to work in the UK without restrictions for the duration of the training contract
Please note we do not accept General Studies or applications from part-qualified applicants.