Fantastic opportunity to be a part of a hugely ambitious company. Synergy Hire is a plant hire company, part of the Hitachi Construction Machinery Group, which operate within the construction industry. Currently this market is very healthy and continuously growing, thanks to the Government supporting huge constructions projects.
We are looking for someone just starting their ACA qualification or who is part-way through their qualification who has ambitions to develop and progress within a SME environment. You must be eager to learn and want to strive for excellence in everything you do.
You will learn our business from the ground up and to understand how each area plays a significant role in seeing it succeed. If you are part-qualified, we will offer you the opportunity to attend college to complete your qualification.
You will be working in a small Finance team of 4 and as you develop you will be expected to lead the team. The current Financial Controller is expected to become CFO within 12 months so the expectation is that you will take on many of the responsibilities held by the FC and become his number 2. During the first 12 months you will shadow and learn from the FC to develop your skills and knowledge so you will be ready for this next step.
- Supporting the FC/CFO
- Dealing with internal and external audit requests
- Completing ad-hoc requests from our parent company
- Assisting with the month end and year end process by taking ownership of the balance sheet and gross margin analysis
- Reporting on sales to the Senior management and Sales team
- Maintaining relationships with our customers and suppliers
- Assisting the operations department with any support they may need
- Willingness to learn in busy office environment
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Politeness while communicating with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Good knowledge of IT packages.
- An interest in the construction sector.
- High levels of numeracy.
- Good personal and working ethics.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Organised with the ability to set priorities.
This job posting is for a vacancy in our Letchworth office. Hours 8.00am - 5.00pm
The jobs is solely office-based
- Holidays 30 days per annum inclusive of Bank holidays
- Good working conditions