At Sedulo we are building a world class team to deliver our mission to make positive change in the communities we work in. We do this by:
- Working with our clients to transform their business and personal finances Connecting and contributing to the business community in the cities we are located in Working with charities by volunteering, fundraising and influencing change both now and in the future through the Sedulo Foundation Being a great place to work and develop your career
At Sedulo we embrace a holistic and innovative culture with diversity and integrity at the heart. We are working to build an open and inclusive environment which supports the needs of all our team members.
We are looking for people to join the team who want to deliver beyond expectation and get results. Whether this be through embracing feedback, creating fulfilling relationships with colleagues and clients, being genuinely interested in their work, or by simply being the best version of themselves. At Sedulo, we know how important it is to create an environment for positive change, both in work and in the communities, we work within. This is demonstrated through our persistent commitment to charitable projects and a strong focus on innovation in everything that we do. You can make an impact at Sedulo, not only through delivering amazing work, but also through participating in the charity campaigns we run throughout the year. Alongside all of this, our events team ensure we also have a lot of fun – with countless wellbeing activities and events being hosted at all our offices every week!
We understand that to be a world class organisation, we must embrace uniqueness and choose courage over comfort. Everything we strive to be is grounded in our core values: Personable, Integrity, Holistic, Innovative and Deliver Beyond Expectation.
The opportunity & role
Joining our compliance team with the support of senior members of the team you will assist with the delivery of a first-class service to a diverse portfolio of clients. You will be responsible for assisting the wider team with preparing year-end accounts and files ensuring all statutory deadlines are met.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career in a forward-thinking business.
- Carrying out the preparation of financials with the support of Senior members of the team
- Checking in and out client records and liaising with clients to ensure all required information has been received and maintaining logs
- Ensuring all clients books and records are returned upon completion of accounts
- Taking ownership for all accounts archiving
- Ensuring the accounts filing system is maintained daily
- Preparing a Trial Balance from customer records and input on to accounting software
- Preparing a draft year-end file
- Communicating any client issues to the Line Manager
- Supporting other departments where necessary
- Travelling to client sites to carry out jobs where necessary
What we're looking for
- This role would suit a recent graduate or college leaver with a passion for accountancy
- Analytically minded with an ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Highly organised and show the ability to work under pressure whilst prioritising work effectively
- Previous experience within a customer-facing role
- Experience of working collaboratively within a team to reach the overall goal
- Experience using the Microsoft Office package
- Self-motivated and have a passion for learning
- Studying towards your chosen accountancy qualification (AAT, ACCA/ICAEW)
What we offer
- A company mantra of having fun together, getting results together and giving back together A bespoke training and development plan with the opportunity to expand and diversify your skills 26 days holiday, company pension scheme, health care plan, cycle to work scheme, death in service benefits and access to our in house Wealth Planning and Mortgage departments Smart working and agile working hours including the ability to work remotely for up to 20% of your contracted time Ability to work away from home remotely for up to 4 weeks per year, great for extending a trip to see family or making the most of warmer climates All expenses paid annual social trip overseas
Our aim is to encourage and support all applicants during the application process, if you have any reasonable adjustments that you will require, please do not hesitate to get in touch via people@ sedulo.co.uk.