Evelyn Partners is the UK’s leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, with over 186 years of experience in helping generations of people and businesses to thrive. We offer an extensive range of financial and professional services to individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities and businesses.
We provide an award-winning service for our clients by employing the best people. Join us on our mission to place the power of good advice into more hands because we believe that everyone deserves access to good advice, regardless of where they’re at in their financial journey.
As a high growth organisation, we offer personal growth opportunities in an environment that empowers you to drive change. Our collaborative, open door culture supports you to perform at your best, with high levels of autonomy and a strong partnership mindset across the organisation.
Our Business Tax team provides tax advisory and compliance services to a wide range of clients, from large multinational groups to owner-managed businesses, covering all relevant taxes, including Corporation Tax, International Tax, Indirect Tax, and Employment Tax. Your role will be in any one of these teams, with the opportunity to undertake secondments to others throughout your programme.
What will you be doing?
Across your 4-year training contract, you can expect to learn the skills needed to support our clients with navigating an increasingly complex tax landscape through the delivery of a wide range of tax advisory and compliance related services. You will learn how various domestic and international tax rules apply to our clients, and how we can provide innovative, tailored solutions to support them with managing their tax obligations.
You will work closely with existing client teams, including Partners and Directors, to manage the day to day delivery of our services, thus enabling you to develop a deep understanding of clients’ businesses and a range of professional and transferable skills from an early stage in your career.
Tax is a dynamic, complex industry, underpinned by intricate legislation that is regularly updated. On-the-job training, via both in-person training sessions and a variety of courses on the online training portal, combined with support from the wider team will provide you with the tools to develop your understanding of this constantly changing industry.
In addition to your client work, you will study towards the ACA qualification. This is an advanced programme that will provide you with the opportunity to develop both your business and technical skills. You will also achieve the government-recognised Level 7 Apprenticeship qualification, developing essential soft skills sought out in the professional services sector.
You will begin studying towards your first professional exams, developing knowledge that will support your work in the department. Through tuition via an acclaimed provider, and a qualified team with the same experience, you will have the support and resources to study for these exams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of tax computations, returns and supplementary filings, as well as client communications and deliverables
- Assisting with research assignments and drafting technical documentation Supporting members of the team on more complex client projects and advisory engagements
- Building relationships with your own clients
- Building relationships with colleagues both within Tax and across the wider business
- Delivering first class client service and working effectively as part of a team
- Maintaining and developing vital soft skills
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Be committed to completing the Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) qualification, on a Level 7 apprenticeship
- A Level: Predicted or obtained minimum 112 UCAS points in top three A Levels (or equivalent), excluding General Studies
- GCSE: Minimum Grade 5 (or equivalent), in English Language and Maths respectively
Learning & Development
You’ll be supported in completing your qualification; gaining the finance knowledge, accountancy skills and real-world business experience to jumpstart your career in accountancy, tax and business advisory. And you won’t do it alone - you’ll be joining as part of a cohort with your own personal support network, including a buddy to offer first-hand experience. Your qualification training will be supported by a leading UK training provider, and you’ll be given the space and time to study whilst developing a variety of skills to become a well-rounded advisor. You’ll receive guidance and support each step of the way by our dedicated Learning & Development team and training contact for your department to make sure you have everything you need to realise your potential from day one.
As a colleague here at Evelyn Partners you will have access to benefits that include:
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
- Online GP service
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount scheme
- Two volunteer days per year
- Charity contribution match
- Holiday package
- Option to purchase additional holiday
We value all the benefits that a diverse team brings. When you join Evelyn Partners, you’ll have access to a wide range of active employee resource groups and multiple diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives. As a colleague, we want to work with you, regardless of your identity, background, or circumstance, to achieve your full potential in a supportive and inclusive environment.
For us to make the process as easy as possible for you, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need on your application form.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION
When you click on the ‘I’m interested’ button you’ll be taken to your profile page. We’re in the process of updating it but in the meantime:
- Under the ‘Experience’ section, if you do not have any experience please enter ‘N/A’ into the ‘Title’ text box and choose a random end and start date
- Under the ‘Education’ section you do NOT need to include all your education details as we’ll ask for this separately once you’ve completed your profile. All you need to do is fill in the ‘Institution’ question which is mandatory with the name of your school.
- Under the ‘Resume’ (aka CV) section, it is mandatory for you to upload a document; however, this will not be formally reviewed.
- The ‘Message to Hiring Manager’ text box is NOT mandatory and will not be formally reviewed.