Evelyn Partners is the UK’s leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, with over 186 years of experience in helping generations of people and businesses to thrive. We offer an extensive range of financial and professional services to individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities and businesses.
We provide an award-winning service for our clients by employing the best people. Join us on our mission to place the power of good advice into more hands because we believe that everyone deserves access to good advice, regardless of where they’re at in their financial journey.
As a high growth organisation, we offer personal growth opportunities in an environment that empowers you to drive change. Our collaborative, open door culture supports you to perform at your best, with high levels of autonomy and a strong partnership mindset across the organisation.
Many businesses need to reassure investors and other stakeholders of their financial performance, even where a full audit isn’t necessary, appropriate, or required by law. The team you’ll be joining provides wide-reaching Assurance & Business Services to a diverse client base. Ranging from small businesses and family enterprise start-ups to non-profit organisations, across a range of industries, both in the UK and internationally.
What will you be doing?
As part of our Assurance & Business Services team you will be working directly with client finance teams at varying levels of seniority, from Accounts Assistants to Financial Directors. Your working environment will differ on each engagement, either based at client offices or at an Evelyn Partners office, working collaboratively to provide assurance, advice and solutions that really make a difference.
Our audits follow a cycle of Planning, Fieldwork and Completion, each phase can last anywhere between one week to several months, depending on the size and complexity of the client. You will quickly gain exposure to a variety of businesses, developing the knowledge and skills needed to be an effective auditor and trusted business adviser. Alongside your work, you'll receive first-class professional training as you study for the Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) qualification, which will enable you to gain a full understanding of the technical aspects of audit and accountancy and additional financial advisory services.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of a team to undertake a variety of audit and accountancy tasks
- Developing an understanding of our clients and their business portfolios
- Keeping senior stakeholders informed of project updates
- Becoming familiar with our audit and accounting software
- Resolving queries, whether of an audit or accountancy nature
- Prioritising tasks whilst monitoring time against budget
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Be committed to completing the Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) qualification, on a Level 7 apprenticeship
- A Level: Predicted or obtained minimum 112 UCAS points in top three A Levels (or equivalent), excluding General Studies
- GCSE: Minimum Grade 5 (or equivalent), in English Language and Maths respectively
Learning & Development
You’ll be supported in completing your qualification; gaining the finance knowledge, accountancy skills and real-world business experience to jumpstart your career in accountancy, tax and business advisory. And you won’t do it alone - you’ll be joining as part of a cohort with your own personal support network, including a buddy to offer first-hand experience. Your qualification training will be supported by a leading UK training provider, and you’ll be given the space and time to study whilst developing a variety of skills to become a well-rounded advisor. You’ll receive guidance and support each step of the way by our dedicated Learning & Development team and training contact for your department to make sure you have everything you need to realise your potential from day one.
As a colleague here at Evelyn Partners you will have access to benefits that include:
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
- Online GP service
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount scheme
- Two volunteer days per year
- Charity contribution match
- Holiday package
- Option to purchase additional holiday
We value all the benefits that a diverse team brings. When you join Evelyn Partners, you’ll have access to a wide range of active employee resource groups and multiple diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives. As a colleague, we want to work with you, regardless of your identity, background, or circumstance, to achieve your full potential in a supportive and inclusive environment.
For us to make the process as easy as possible for you, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need on your application form.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION
When you click on the ‘I’m interested’ button you’ll be taken to your profile page. We’re in the process of updating it but in the meantime:
- Under the ‘Experience’ section, if you do not have any experience please enter ‘N/A’ into the ‘Title’ text box and choose a random end and start date
- Under the ‘Education’ section you do NOT need to include all your education details as we’ll ask for this separately once you’ve completed your profile. All you need to do is fill in the ‘Institution’ question which is mandatory with the name of your school.
- Under the ‘Resume’ (aka CV) section, it is mandatory for you to upload a document; however, this will not be formally reviewed.
- The ‘Message to Hiring Manager’ text box is NOT mandatory and will not be formally reviewed.