Your route to becoming a Chartered Accountant at DTE
Successful candidates will enter into a challenging yet rewarding career at DTE, gaining the opportunities and experience to reach their ultimate goals in the accountancy profession.
We have a diverse client portfolio and you will be involved in various types of work, including but not limited to:
- Company audits, charity audits, solicitor audits and pension scheme audits
- Accounts preparation, both for unincorporated and incorporated entities
- Corporation tax computations
- Preparation of management accounts
- Working with a mixture of small unincorporated business and large international companies
- Gaining exposure to a range of industries, for example, manufacturing, hospitality, construction.
Why start your career in accountancy with DTE?
- Clear career path with excellent opportunities for progression: many of our seniors, managers and even partners started as graduate trainees with DTE.
- On-the-job training from dedicated DTE managers and partners
- Fully funded study support and competitive salary: We offer a 3-year fully-funded training programme with study support to gain the ACA qualification through an apprenticeship with our external training provider, more details below.
- Close client engagement: Whether that be face-to face onsite audit work or electronic communication.
- Variety of work: DTE is a medium sized firm, which means you will be able to get involved in a wide variety of work. Our work-based training methods will ensure you develop into well-rounded accountants with a knowledge and understanding of key financial matters affecting businesses in the UK
What we offer
- Excellent work life balance
- Flexible start times between 8am and 9.15am
- Pension scheme contributions
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Option to buy or sell up to five working days per year
- Generous study leave policy – see below
- Hybrid working - after an initial training period in the office, our hybrid policy is work from home 2 days a week, working in the office 3 days a week, provided not onsite at client’s premises.
- Regular social events
- Dress down Fridays
- Regular CPD seminars
- Career progression opportunities
- Summer working hours – opportunity to build up time to finish at lunchtime on Fridays
- Buddy system - you will be assigned a buddy when starting at DTE who will be your go-to person for any training needs. We also have an open office policy – DTE foster an approachable and welcoming environment.
- Death in service policy – 3 x annual salary lump sum
- Cycle to work scheme – bike racks located in secured underground basement and shower facilities
- Bury town centre location
- Charity fundraisers
- You will study towards the prestigious ACA qualification under the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) over a 3 year training contract.
- Study will be through the apprenticeship scheme with our external training provider, First Intuition. Attendance at college is under a fully funded block release scheme, during working hours.
- The Level 7 apprenticeship route provides regular catch up meetings with First Intuition to ensure you are gaining the skills need to excel in your career. At least 20% of your time will be spent on training and development.
- A dedicated training manager will support you on your training journey
- Whilst studying towards the ACA, you will have support meetings every 6 months with the training manager and assistance with completing you ICAEW training file.
Study leave policy
- Paid days off for all college tuition (Taught, Recap and Revision Phases, plus mock exams).
- In-centre and online courses
- One full paid day off per exam, regardless of exam length
- An additional study leave day per exam to take at your discretion, once you reach professional level
Applicants should have:
- a 2.1 or above expected or obtained degree
- BBC or above at A Level
- A minimum of five GCSEs at grades A* - C or 4 to 9 (including at least a grade B or 5 in Maths and English) or equivalent.
The successful applicants will demonstrate more than just academic success. We welcome applicants from any degree discipline, together with career changers. Relevant experience is not needed.
We are looking for:
- enthusiastic individuals
- excellent communication skills
- hardworking individuals with a desire to succeed
- a strong academic background
- an ability to manage time, studying alongside work
- a competency with numbers
- an ability to problem-solve is key
As part of the audit team, travel to clients’ premises is required and as such, the ideal candidate will hold a valid UK Driving Licence.
If you are interested in applying for a position, please send you CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the first step in our selection process, we will be holding an online assessment. If successful, you will be invited for an interview in November 2023.
Vacancy starts in Summer 2024. We are also considering start dates in January 2024.