We are looking for individuals seeking to become Chartered Accountants who are committed to completing training for the internationally recognised ACA qualification.
- Undertake client work as directed, mainly this will involve statutory audits but may also encompass other client assignments such as compliance tax, due diligence, VAT, internal audit, and training activities.
- Follow the firm’s policies and procedures on all work to achieve high standards and deliver an excellent service to clients.
- Adhere to firm’s standards on independence and professional ethics.
- Keep seniors, managers and partners regularly informed of activities, capacity, and progress on assignments to ensure that time is fully utilised.
- Participate in meetings as appropriate, playing an active part in internal briefing and de-brief sessions.
- Once initial experience has been gained, provide effective supervision and training to less experienced trainee accountants who are undertaking audit work.
- Where required, work alone at client’s premises with minimal supervision, presenting completed audit file for manager review, which includes management letter.
- Maintain all required records for the ICAEW training file and submitting this for review every 6 months during the training agreement.
- Fulfill the obligations outlined in the training agreement regarding study progress.
- Any other tasks in line with the responsibilities of the role.
- It is expected for ideal candidates to have passed four to five ACA exams.
- British university degree at class 2:2 or above (or equivalent), or alternatively have passed AAT finals (Professional Diploma, level 4). We welcome and encourage applicants from all degree disciplines.
- Requirements below degree level:
- If you have a 2:2 degree, you must have at least five GCSEs at grades 9 to 5 or equivalent, including at least grade 6 in Maths and at least grade 5 in English. You must also meet the UCAS points requirement outlined below.
- If you have a 2:1 degree (or above) or have passed AAT finals (Professional Diploma, level 4), you must have at least grade 6 in Maths and at least grade 5 in English for GCSEs or equivalent. You also must either meet the UCAS points requirement below or have at least five GCSEs at grades 9 to 5 or equivalent.
- UCAS tariff: 120 UCAS points or equivalent (300 UCAS points pre 2017). We only include a candidate's top three A-levels and we do not include General Studies when assessing UCAS points.
At least one year experience whilst training for your ACA qualification.
Skills and knowledge
- A strong interest in audit work and obtaining the ACA qualification.
- A strong commitment to the not-for-profit sector.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work and study concurrently.
- The desire to work flexibly to get the job done.
- Ability to build strong, positive working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to assimilate and use large amounts of information quickly.
- Ability to gain technical knowledge and share knowledge and concepts with others to enhance their learning.
- Numeracy skills.
- 20 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Occupational Sick pay and Income Protection Insurance for Long Term sickness
- Enriching and supportive company culture
- Pension – all earning pensionable
- Discount gym membership
- Life cover 4 times annual salary
- Employee Assistance programme
- Professional membership fee
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Volunteering (1 day a year)
Please read carefully through the background information document provided before completing your application and ensure to attach a transcript of your ACA exams along with your CV.
You may also have experience in the following: Accountancy, Accountant, Accounting, Finance, Accounts, Part Qualified, Auditor, Financial, Analyst, Bookkeeper, Specialist, Clerk, Payable, Receivable, Budget, Credit, Financial Reporting, Treasury, etc.