Are you a standout individual who can build great relationships with a portfolio of exciting and interesting clients and be involved in delivering quality audits? If so, we are looking for an auditor to join our quickly expanding team in our Maidenhead office.
We are looking for someone with an all-encompassing skillset, sound commercial understanding and a passion for delivering audits to the highest standard. Providing a full suite of audit services, this experienced team is looking for a new team member to join and become an integral part of a successful firm.
As an Audit Senior, you will work closely with clients and report directly to Manager and Partner level with your role being varied and include leading or taking part in audit assignments, whilst helping to drive department success by ensuring our culture is maintained and all clients receive excellent client service. You’ll have excellent communication skills, be proactive in problem-solving, and adopt a professional and friendly approach to building trusted and long-lasting relationships.
- Lead or take part in audit assignments from planning to completion
- Manage portfolio deliverables, ensuring expectations, deadlines, and budgets are being met
- Review junior staff work
- Provide mentorship and technical support to junior team members
- Occasional preparation of statutory accounts and related corporation tax computations
- Build trusted and long-lasting relationships with clients
- Report to Managers and Partners
- Nurture relationships with key partners and third parties
- Support the firm with other duties as needed
We will offer a training contract to the successful candidate, which will enable them to complete their ACA or ACCA studies. We offer paid tuition, study leave and examination fees to our trainees for the first sittings of exams. The experience and training received at DRG allows our trainees to qualify with a level of skill and expertise that leaves them well placed for future success in their careers. Although the role is mainly audit focused, it will give the candidate experience in respect of statutory accounts preparation and taxation as well.
The successful candidate
- Demonstrable experience within audit is essential.
- Likely to be part qualified ACA or ACCA
- Motivated and able to inspire others
- Strong Excel skills
- Previous experience of computerised accounting and audit software
- A proactive approach to problem-solving
- Able to manage a number of jobs, whilst demonstrating excellent time management skills to ensure all deadlines and expectations are met
- Confident in front of clients and others more senior than you and not afraid to challenge
- The skill to take ownership for managing your own development, seek extra responsibility and strive to always go the extra mile
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate understanding between the client, team members and partners
- Full time or part time role
- Flexible hours and hybrid working options
- Positive and supportive company culture
- Competitive remuneration with scope for fast progression
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare (optional)
- Life assurance
- Snack cupboard and drinks fridge
- Professional development opportunities
Donald Reid Group
Why work at DRG?
DRG Chartered Accountants has been working with individuals and businesses for over 50 years. With an office in Maidenhead and our sister firm in Dorchester, we provide a full suite of advisory, accountancy, outsourcing and taxation services to a client base ranging from individuals and start-ups to multi-million turnover UK and international entities. We are a close-knit team that takes great pride providing a personal, outstanding service for our clients.
Delight our clients
We never want our people to stop caring, to always to go that extra mile and to deliver a fantastic, personal service to our clients.
DRG is growing rapidly and we like to promote from within. We aim to recruit people who want to push themselves, to grow in their roles and to be keen to take on new responsibilities.
Enjoy being part of the DRG team
DRG is a fun place to work with a warm and friendly working culture.