Graduate, Business Tax - Newcastle, Sept 2023 (ACA)
Looking to start a career that’s wide-ranging, varied and rewarding? Find the right opportunities and experience for you at Evelyn Partners.
We believe that the best learning experiences are immersive from Day One.
Think client meetings, tackling real-life challenges, responsibility, and exciting work across a wide range of sectors, on a structured training programme.
Of course, we won’t throw you in at the deep end – you will get all the support and supervision you need. As part of the UK’s leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, you will learn from some of the industry’s thought leaders. Together, our experts manage around £55 billion of assets for 172,000 clients – and growing.
Individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities, businesses: we’re dedicated to supporting them all, through the power of good advice.
What you can expect on our graduate programme:
- Fully funded ACA qualification, equivalent to a master’s degree
- Hands-on experience within a team invested in building your skills and business knowledge
- Qualification training with our partner First Intuition, rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
- Dedicated L&D team and training contact for your department and office location, to support you throughout your studies
- Comprehensive soft skills programme
- Your own personal support network, including a buddy to offer first-hand experience
- Contact with partners, to build your confidence with senior members of staff
- Accelerated career progression, thanks to early responsibility
- Exposure to a wide selection of clients, sectors, and projects
Our Business Tax Team
Our business tax team provides tax and consulting services to a wide range of companies, from large multinational groups to owner-managed businesses.
We operate more specialist teams nationally, such as Transfer Pricing, Property and Business rates, Capital Allowances and Research & Development. These experts both support the work of the central business tax department, while also driving their own specific projects. As you progress your career, there is the opportunity get involved with the different specialist teams across business tax, utilising our skilled professionals to gain a wide knowledge base and variety of work.
Across your 3-year training contract, you can expect to learn the skills needed to help our clients become tax compliant, as well as becoming involved with various aspects of advisory work. You will be encouraged to support managers with the on-going running of the client account for several core clients, thus enabling you to develop a deeper understanding of clients’ businesses and develop core client management skills from an early stage in your career.
Tax is a dynamic, complex industry, underpinned by intricate legislation that is regularly updated. On-the-job training, via both in-person training sessions and a variety of courses on the online training portal, combined with support from the wider team will provide you with the tools to develop your understanding of this constantly changing industry.
During your training contract, you will study towards the Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) qualification. Additionally, you will achieve the government-recognised Level 7 Apprenticeship qualification, developing essential soft skills sought out in the professional services sector.
The ACA is an advanced programme that will provide you with the opportunity to develop both your business and technical skills. You will begin studying towards your first professional exams soon after joining, instantly developing knowledge that will support your work in the department. Through tuition via an acclaimed provider, and a qualified team with the same experience, you will have the support and resources to study for relevant exams.
As a graduate in our Business Tax team your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of tax computations, returns and supplementary filings, as well as client communications and deliverables
- Assisting with research assignments and drafting technical documentation
- Supporting members of the team on more complex client situations
- Acquiring and building relationships with your own clients
- Delivering first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Passing professional examinations
- Maintaining and developing vital soft skills
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Committed to completing the Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) qualification, on a Level 7 apprenticeship
- Obtained or predicted a minimum 2:2 honours degree, in any discipline
- A level: Minimum 112 UCAS points in top 3 A levels excluding General Studies (or equivalent)
- GCSE: Minimum Grade 5 (or equivalent), in English Language and Maths respectively
- Proactivity in client work and other training courses provided by work
We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings, representative of our society and clients. We are committed to providing a work environment where all colleagues, regardless of identity, background, or circumstance, feel respected as individuals and feel that they can achieve their full potential and work in a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment.