Are you looking to start a career in accountancy?
Would you like to study for a fully sponsored globally recognised accounting qualification through award winning training providers whilst gaining on the job experience within a friendly and flexible working environment and through real client work?
If you answered yes to these questions, keep reading!
Wellers are a forward thinking, innovative professional accountancy firm. We pride ourselves on breaking stereotypes when it comes to accountants. We are looking for altruistic, hardworking and enthusiastic individuals to join our growing teams across London & Oxfordshire.
Wellers team is known for our Business Oxygen approach, supporting each other and our clients in a way that gets everyone thinking about accounting in a different way. For over 80 years we have worked hard to create a culture that supports employee growth, builds long-lasting client relationships and delivers a top-level service.
Our core values: Integrity, Relationships, Commitment, Effectiveness and Initiative reflect who we are as people and what we believe in as a business.
Wellers is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business. Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, individual performance and merit.
What will you do?
You will be part of a team working on accounting services with a wide range of clients, helping the team to deliver top-level service and developing our client relationships.
Your responsibilities will include bookkeeping, producing financial statements, drafting client letters and working closely with your Supervisor and Manager to achieve great results. You will also spend time with clients at their locations gaining experience through various projects in diverse industries.
You will be assigned an expert Mentor who will support you to ensure your training and development are going as planned.
What will you get in return?
- Competitive salary with scope for progression
- A £500 welcome bonus following probation and additional rewards upon gaining AAT level 4 and ACCA/ ICAEW qualifications
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu
- 20 days holiday (+ bank holidays & additional Wellers and volunteering days), increased to 25 days holiday upon qualification
- New client and employee referral schemes
- Agile working policy, allowing 50:50 spilt between home working and the office following probation.
- Flexible working hours
- Digital Nomad policy, allowing you to work remotely for up to 2 weeks per year.
- A training package & on the job training
- Paid time off for study, as well as fully paid course and exam fees.
- Structured objectives twice a year
- Exposure across the breadth of the accounting industry helping to build great advisory skills
- Real potential for career progression
- Regular staff socials and opportunities to support charity events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Great working environment
- Employee recognition awards
- Employee Assistance Programme and wellbeing events
- Previous experience is not necessary
- A-level graduate with B-A* in Maths/ Business Studies/ Economics/ Computer Science/ Accounting or similar subjects
- You're looking to start your accountancy career
- You're hard working & committed to supporting us and our clients
- You're known for using your initiative to resolve problems
- You're determined to produce high quality work
- You're a positive team player who likes a challenge
- You have the right to work in the UK
What you need to succeed
- Loads of enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- An aptitude for analytical skills
- Ability to use your initiative
- Proactively developing your technical knowledge
- Care passionately about your job and the level of service you provide
- Ability to build lasting relationship with multiple clients
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Enjoy a broad range of tasks in a busy dynamic team