School Leaver, Audit
- Evelyn Partners
- Guildford, Surrey (GB)
- Closing date
- 25 Jun 2023
- Accounting - practice, Banking, finance and investment
- Salary band
- Contract type
- School leaver programmes
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- From our office
Looking to start a career that’s wide-ranging, varied and rewarding? Find the right opportunities and experience for you at Evelyn Partners.
We believe that the best learning experiences are immersive from Day One.
Think client meetings, tackling real-life challenges, responsibility, and exciting work across a wide range of sectors, on a structured training programme.
Of course, we won’t throw you in at the deep end – you’ll get all the support and supervision you need. As part of the UK’s leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, you will learn from some of the industry’s thought leaders. Together, our experts manage around £55 billion of assets for 172,000 clients – and growing.
Individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities, businesses: we’re dedicated to supporting them all, through the power of good advice.
What you can expect on our school leaver programme:
- Fully funded ACA qualification, equivalent to a master’s degree
- Hands-on experience within a team invested in building your skills and business knowledge
- Qualification training with our partner First Intuition, rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
- Dedicated L&D team and training contact for your department and office location, to support you throughout your studies
- Comprehensive soft skills programme
- Your own personal support network, including a buddy to offer first-hand experience
- Contact with partners, to build your confidence with senior members of staff
- Accelerated career progression, thanks to early responsibility
- Exposure to a wide selection of clients, sectors, and projects
Our Assurance & Business Services Team
Many businesses need to reassure investors and other stakeholders of their financial performance, even where a full audit isn’t necessary, appropriate, or required by law. The team you’ll be joining provides wide-reaching financial advisory services to international clients across a number of industries and a diverse client base, ranging from small businesses and family enterprise start-ups to non-profit organisations.
As part of our Assurance & Business Services team you could be working directly with managing and financial directors in different working environments at their own offices, checking that numbers stack up with fact. This means providing advice and solutions that really make a difference.
Many of our audits last just one or two weeks, which means you'll quickly gain exposure to a variety of businesses. You'll also build valuable client experience, developing the knowledge and skills needed to be an effective auditor and trusted business adviser. Alongside your work, you'll receive first-class professional training as you study for the Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) qualification, which will enable you to gain a full understanding of the technical aspects of audit and accountancy and additional financial advisory services.
As a school leaver in our Assurance & Business Services team your responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of a team to undertake a variety of audit and accountancy tasks
- Developing an understanding of our clients and their business portfolios
- Keeping senior stakeholders informed of project updates
- Becoming familiar with our audit and accounting software
- Resolving queries, whether of an audit or accountancy nature
- Prioritising tasks whilst monitoring time against budget
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Committed to completing the Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) qualification, on a Level 7 apprenticeship
- A Level: Obtained or predicted a minimum 112 UCAS points in top three A Levels (or equivalent), excluding General Studies
- GCSE: Minimum Grade 5 (or equivalent), in English Language and Maths respectively
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert