Salary - £28,000. Generous commission and bonus structure.
Sampson Fielding are looking for an enthusiastic graduate to join our rapidly expanding team as a Junior trainee Chartered Accountant in our Mayfair office. Your role would comprise all elements of financial compliance work as well as advisory and consultancy services, providing a holistic service offering across a portfolio of our exciting clients, whilst undertaking the ACA exams in order to become a qualified ICAEW Chartered Accountant after 3 years.
This is a unique opportunity which gives you the chance to fast-track your career in a young, professional firm with a big future. There is the potential for you to develop into the firm, with the role providing a wide range of experience to facilitate development and success in your long-term career.
The candidate must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail and have the ability to work across multiple ongoing projects. Throughout your training, your development will be largely focussed around preparation and delivery of client work. Longer term, the role will develop around your personal career aspirations, with the ability to manage a team, develop and maintain client relationships and focus on business development, depending on your professional objectives. Sampson Fielding are keen to facilitate a role which fits in with your ambitions as you become a key part of the growing team. The role will allow you to report directly into a Senior Manager.
- Assisting the relationship manager for a portfolio of clients and delivering on all of their requirements from compliance to advisory services.
- Services which you would provide would be as follows (note: training will be provided to ensure you are comfortable with any work you would be expected to perform):
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts;
- Preparation of Corporation Tax returns and computations;
- Maintaining accounting records, bookkeeping and preparation of VAT returns;
- Preparation of management accounts;
- Assist with audit work where required;
- Budgeting and cashflow forecasting;
- Payroll & pension;
- Company secretarial (Confirmation Statements, statutory books and company minutes);
- Financial processes and internal control implementation;
- Profit extraction planning and advice;
- Self-assessment returns;
- Business incorporation and structure advice;
- Advisory and value-added consultancy services.
- Ensuring client deadlines are met in a timely and efficient manner and up to the high standards which our clients have come to expect.
- Prioritising your workloads.
- To understand the ongoing requirements of our clients from both a regulatory and strategic perspective in order to provide a pro-active, high-quality service.
- Maintaining a good understanding of current accounting standards and tax principles. Attendance at CPD courses and training can be provided as part of the role, and ongoing personal research and learning is expected as part of the day-to-day activities.
- Understanding the commercial principles of our firm.
- Sampson Fielding started trading in November 2020, led by Managing Partners Benjamin Sampson and Elliot Fielding.
- Since our inception, the firm has grown rapidly, now supporting over 200 corporate and personal clients. Our client base is split approximately 50:50 in terms of numbers of corporate to personal clients, however the day-to-day work is weighted approximately 90% to corporate services and 10% to self-assessment work.
- We are now a team of seven, having hired a Partner, two Senior Managers and two first year trainees in 2022 and are excited to grow the team with like-minded, enthusiastic and knowledgeable colleagues who are passionate about the work we do and the value we add to our clients.
- Our aim is to continue to grow and develop our service offering with a key focus on using technology to help.
- We pride ourselves on the high-quality of service we provide to our clients, therefore it is essential that we build a team suitable to go above and beyond.
- Our offices are in Mayfair and we have an exciting pipeline of new clients and opportunities to add to the diverse and interesting base of clients we have already developed. This would give you the perfect opportunity to work with a varied and interesting portfolio of clients.
Key skills and abilities:
- Degree level qualification from a Russell Group University (or equivalent), 2:1 classification or higher.
- Enthusiastic & hard-working.
- Problem-solving, analytical skills and a strategic mindset.
- Attention to detail.
- Integrity and trustworthiness.
- The ability to take initiative and work independently as well as alongside a team.
- Ability to apply knowledge in a range of different situations.
- Ability to observe, understand and add value to client business processes.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
- Ability to prioritise multiple pieces of client deliverables.
To apply, please send Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com.