Associate - Business Consulting (Financial Services), Actuarial
- Ernst & Young LLP
- Singapore (SG)
- Closing date
- 23 Jun 2023
- Business and management
- Salary band
- Competitive, Non-UK salary
- Contract type
- Graduate schemes
- Where will they be working?
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
What if we didn’t focus on who you are now, but who you could become?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Join Financial Services Organisation (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace dealing with asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity.
Our Insurance and Actuarial Advisory Services practice comprises two areas: Life/Health Insurance and Property/Casualty products and services. Join this team and you will provide clients with traditional actuarial services (e.g., reserving, pricing and mergers and acquisition support), as well as leading edge services such as financial reporting and measurement, financial risk management, modeling, hedging, reinsurance, securitization, economic capital and solvency. As part of our Actuarial team, you’ll work on high-impact opportunities to apply your knowledge and experience working on:
- Market research and industry benchmarking
- Valuation, pricing and product development
- Regulatory changes, including Risk-Based Capital, Solvency II and IFRS
- Merger & Acquisitions (M&A) and due diligence projects
- Actuarial audits and financial modelling
- Financial risk, product distribution and capital issues
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- University degree related to Actuarial Science or equivalent.
- Experience and/or demonstrated passion in understanding of economic or market issues and the ability to interpret their impact on clients. This passion could be demonstrated via university projects, internships, conferences, self-study, etc.
- Experience and/or desire to pursue actuarial examinations with either the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (UK), the Society of Actuaries (US) or the Institute of Actuaries of Australia.
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- Shortlisted candidates can expect up to 3 interview rounds with the hiring team.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload/send in the following documents along with your online application:
- Detailed resume with indicative interest in Life or General Insurance work
- Highest academic certification and transcripts
At EY, we’re dedicated to helping organizations solve their toughest challenges and realize their greatest ambitions - from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies – and the work we do with them is as varied as they are.
Through our four service lines — Assurance, Consulting, Strategy and Transactions, and Tax — we help our clients capitalize on transformative opportunities. We also help them fulfill regulatory requirements, keep investors informed and meet the needs of all of their stakeholders. And in a fast-changing world, we give them the support they need to be effective today and create long-term value for tomorrow.
Across all disciplines and from every angle, EY professionals draw on our shared creativity, experience, judgment and diverse perspectives to reframe the future for our clients – now, next and beyond.
One Raffles Quay North Tower Level 18, 048583
Apply for Associate - Business Consulting (Financial Services), Actuarial
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert