Audit Semi Senior
Are you are part way through your ACA looking for a fresh opportunity with a firm that will support and mentor your through your development, then this role may be for you?
We are currently looking to an Audit Semi Senior into our highly success Audit teams in Birmingham and Stoke. You will be involved in the completion of audit and accounting tasks as delegated by, and under the general direction of the Audit Senior or Audit Manager.
As Audit Semi Senior, you will be alongside dedicated and talented individuals, who will support and guide you in a collaborative and professional manner. You will work across mixed sector clients and be involved in all aspects of the audit preparation.
We are a firm of accountants & business advisers, who operate across the Midlands and have 32 Partners and Directors and over 200 staff.
We believe our employees are our greatest asset, and we look to provide the best working environment, along with hybrid and smart working options and generous benefits. We listen, learn, and evolve as we strive to make Dains a great place to work.
- Complete responsibility for the audit of a client reporting directly to the Manager, Director or Partners Prepare audit files to the required standard.
- Liaison with the Tax Department on any tax related matters
- Preparation of statutory and non-statutory accounts Delegation of assignments and supervision of junior members of staff, followed by review of the work performed
- Drafting of journals requiring fairly complex accounting principles
- The completion of the assignment in accordance with the budget with any variations being promptly recorded
- To provide ad-hoc support to other members of the audit department as required
- Working towards the ACA qualification
- To be professional and approachable with clients and develop good working relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Have a positive and proactive approach
- Professional and articulate communication skills
- Understanding the effect of taxes on a set of accounts
- Understand the technical aspects concerning a set of limited company accounts
- Be conversant with all current appropriate auditing and accounting practice
Some Reward Benefits We Offer Are:
- Study support and training
- Flexible benefits
- Hybrid and smart working
- Holiday trading
- Increased holiday entitlement after 3 years