- Bookkeeping duties.
- Bank reconciliations and associated card reconciliations.
- Accounting functions including analysis, review, reconciliations and preparation of accounts file.
- Corporation tax returns.
- Personal tax opportunities, including personal tax returns.
- Audits – including walkthrough tests, controls testing, analytical reviews and other audit review and tests.
- Further into studies, more complex areas of the above
- Minimum of 2:1 degree
- Minimum of 3 A levels (Grades A* to C equivalent)
- GCSEs grade 9/A*-4/C including English Language and Maths at grade B (or 6) or above.
- Strong using Microsoft packages, in particular, Excel.
- Accountancy studies are desirable but not essential.
- Eager to learn.
- Communication skills, orally and written, are strong.
- Good listener.
- Willing to accept constructive advice.
- Ability to work in a team with different cultures and viewpoints.
- Ability to work with on multiple tasks across different accounting areas and clients industries.
- Pleasant personality with good mannerism and social skills.
- Ability to draw upon skills from previous experiences to solve problems.
- Enthusiasm to work in a smaller practice
Newton & Garner Ltd
Newton and Garner are Chartered Accountants and Registered Auditors based in London with offices in North Finchley
and Crouch End. We provide a range of professional services of an accounting practice including bookkeeping, audit
and accounts, advisory, payroll and taxation.