UK/US Tax Consultant, Graduate
- Buzzacott LLP
- London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 18 Jun 2023
- Salary band
- £30,000 - £40,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- From our office
The Expatriate Tax team are one of the leading independent specialists in expatriate tax and one of the largest expatriate tax departments outside of the 'Big 4'.
Our team of approximately 60 people help US and UK citizens and businesses based away from home to manage their net earnings and reduce liabilities. Consisting of dual-qualified US/UK tax experts, 10 partners and strong administration support, the team know both tax systems inside out and have handled relocations for solo workers up to hundreds of employees. On the other side of the world, our Hong Kong team looks after US and UK nationals living across Southeast Asia.
Key aspects of the role include:
- To act principally as a preparer of US and UK tax returns for a portfolio of expatriate tax clients within the Expat Team but at the same time to look for and notify the client of opportunities where taxes can be minimised.
- To liaise with your manager in connection with monitoring the management of your portfolio to include: accountability for chargeable and non-chargeable hours and projected billing.
- Deal with ad hoc advice requested by clients, consulting with managers and directors where necessary.
- On each assignment organise the collection of data for the timely completion of compliance work and be responsible for ensuring that filing deadlines are adhered to.
New joiners in this team have the unique opportunity to gain not one but two qualifications over 36 months: the ATT (Association of Tax Technicians) and the Enrolled Agent qualification to become fully qualified in both UK and US taxation, making you "dual-handlers", a highly desirable commodity in the Expat market. Training consists of a combination of courses at the tutors’ offices, private study and regular exams, as well as on-the-job training.
As the largest single-office accountancy firm in the UK, we describe ourselves as friendly and professional, with values ingrained in our culture of trust, client focus, exceptional service, specialist knowledge and approachability. We all work together under one roof, giving you the opportunity to collaborate, build relationships and shine from day one.
What’s in it for you?
We go above and beyond for our clients, but also for you. We have a genuine commitment to your development, offering you a closely supported and structured programme of tuition, provided by a top firm of external tutors. Internally, you’ll be supported by a manager who will act as your mentor, a trainee buddy, partners, senior staff and a dedicated Training and Development Coordinator.
As you progress through your training you will receive incremental salary increases as you hit various milestones in your qualification.
You are the right person for the role if:
- You are a graduate with an inquiring mind and a sociable disposition, a problem solver with high standards, who thrives in a meritocracy.
- You are able to build meaningful, collaborative relationships with both clients and team members.
- You are keen to take ownership from an early stage and are committed to providing excellent client service at all times.
- You are a strong multitasker with the ability to prioritise your time to studying and working simultaneously.
No previous experience is required for our trainee roles, but to apply you will need to have:
- Or expect to obtain a 2.1 degree in any discipline, or equivalent
- A minimum of 120 UCAS Tariff points from your top 3 A-levels, or equivalent (300 using the old tariff)
- A minimum of Level 5 (B grade using the old system) in GCSE Maths and English Language, or equivalent
- The right to work in the UK without restrictions for the duration of the training contract
Please note we do not accept General Studies or applications from part-qualified applicants.
Buzzacott is a top 25 UK accountancy firm based in London. Our knowledge is applied through “specialist teams” who combine niche expertise in international and regulation-intensive sectors – expatriates, charities, LLPs - with excellence in mainstream tax and financial management services. We are partners to those we serve, sharing our experience and creating a bespoke response to an individual brief. That brief may concern a not-for-profit organisation or a firm of solicitors; personal investment or company takeover; here, or in 90 countries worldwide. We are an independent member of Prime Global, the third largest association of independent accounting firms in the world, comprised of over 350 highly successful independent public accounting firms in 90 countries. We have in excess of 250 staff working with 28 partners in specialist teams. Located in one central office, we have clear advantages from easy communication, cooperative working and cross-cutting service provision.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert