Financial Planning Consultant, Graduate
- Buzzacott LLP
- Closing date
- 18 Jun 2023
- Salary band
- £20,000 - £30,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- From our office
We are looking for a values-driven, bright Graduate to join us in our Financial Planning team.
As a Financial Planning Graduate you will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects from creating and delivering presentations, building a cash flow planning model to reviewing an investment portfolio. Whatever the challenge, you will build lasting relationships with your clients and colleagues in different teams around the firm.
The Financial Planning team consists of 18 people, including 3 partners, who work closely with clients that have assets all over the world but are UK resident. We offer specialist services including Employee Benefits, Financial Planning and Investment Management for high net worth.
Key aspects to the role include:
- Working on a portfolio of clients within the Financial Planning Team.
- Assisting with the preparation of reports and research for meetings and advice to clients.
- Considering planning opportunities as they arise and produce suggestions for the consideration of senior team members.
- Recommending improvements to clients’ records, systems and practices and assist as and when needed.
- Organising and running every assignment as effectively and efficiently as possible to the firm’s standards and to ensure effective completion before review by senior team members
New joiners in this team have the opportunity to study towards the relevant qualification in Financial Planning. The qualification covers the financial services market and regulatory context, investment principles, key product areas and technical / advisory skills. The training consists of private study and regular exams as well as on-the-job-training, building not only on your technical skills but also on your personal and professional development. You will have paid study leave to support you in the run up to exams and all course and exam fees are paid for.
As the largest single-office accountancy firm in the UK, we describe ourselves as friendly and professional, with values ingrained in our culture of trust, client focus, exceptional service, specialist knowledge and approachability. We all work together under one roof, giving you the opportunity to collaborate, build relationships and shine from day one.
What’s in it for you?
We go above and beyond for our clients, but also for you. We have a genuine commitment to your development, offering you a closely supported and structured programme of tuition, provided by a top firm of external tutors. Internally, you’ll be supported by a manager who will act as your mentor, a trainee buddy, partners, senior staff and a dedicated Training and Development Coordinator.
As you progress through your training you will receive incremental salary increases as you hit various milestones in your qualification.
You are the right person for the role if:
- You are a graduate with an inquiring mind and a sociable disposition, a problem solver with high standards, who thrives in a meritocracy.
- You are able to build meaningful, collaborative relationships with both clients and team members.
- You are keen to take ownership from an early stage and are committed to providing excellent client service at all times.
- You are a strong multitasker with the ability to prioritise your time to studying and working simultaneously.
No previous experience is required for our trainee roles, but to apply you will need to have:
- Or expect to obtain a 2.1 degree in any discipline, or equivalent
- A minimum of 120 UCAS Tariff points from your top 3 A-levels, or equivalent (300 using the old tariff)
- A minimum of Level 5 (B grade using the old system) in GCSE Maths and English Language, or equivalent
- The right to work in the UK without restrictions for the duration of the training contract
Please note we do not accept General Studies or applications from part-qualified applicants.
Buzzacott is a top 25 UK accountancy firm based in London. Our knowledge is applied through “specialist teams” who combine niche expertise in international and regulation-intensive sectors – expatriates, charities, LLPs - with excellence in mainstream tax and financial management services. We are partners to those we serve, sharing our experience and creating a bespoke response to an individual brief. That brief may concern a not-for-profit organisation or a firm of solicitors; personal investment or company takeover; here, or in 90 countries worldwide. We are an independent member of Prime Global, the third largest association of independent accounting firms in the world, comprised of over 350 highly successful independent public accounting firms in 90 countries. We have in excess of 250 staff working with 28 partners in specialist teams. Located in one central office, we have clear advantages from easy communication, cooperative working and cross-cutting service provision.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert