In a nutshell:
You’ll help lead and develop a team of talented accounts and audit professionals, whilst managing a diverse portfolio of clients and supporting the region's business development activity.
Our vision is one of success for our clients, our people, our communities and our firm. For you this means working with interesting and dynamic clients and forging an exciting career at the cutting edge of the audit world.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Manage the audit teams, ensuring assignments are staffed appropriately
- Work closely with the client engagement Partner to co-ordinate both compliance and specialist services
- Act as the main point of contact for all client matters
- Assist with the coaching and development of audit staff
- Identify and raise business development opportunities with new and existing clients
- Support complex and often fast-moving projects
- Support group restructuring exercises, including client/ HMRC liaison, accounting entries and company secretarial work
- Liaise with consultants and technical Partners across the firm’s specialist services
- ACA/ ACCA qualified (or equivalent)
- Post-qualification experience in audit and a good working knowledge of compliance, regulation and bespoke audit and accounts software
- Experience of working with charities and not-for-profit clients desirable (but not essential)
- Corporate tax awareness
- Previous experience of managing and developing people
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.