Our Audit team has several exciting new opportunities for astute, commercially focused accountants who are looking to excel in their career, whilst supporting our clients to achieve their ambitions.
Our vision is one of success for our clients, our people, our communities and our firm. For you this means working with interesting and dynamic clients and forging an exciting career at the cutting edge of the audit world.
As an Audit Senior within our growing corporate services team, you’ll be leading assignments with a variety of new and established clients ranging from AIM companies to SMEs, UK subsidiaries of overseas groups, and a variety of not-for-profit organisations.
Supported by our designated Learning & Development team and your managers, you’ll get excellent professional development and training opportunities and a broad range of experience. Our size, scale and varied client list offer incredible opportunities to specialise or diversify.
Our auditors typically progress to Assistant Manager and Manager level, continuing to develop leadership skills and take on senior responsibilities. Along with receiving an excellent market rate of pay, we are proud to offer a supportive and flexible culture, and we take your career seriously to enable you to go where you want to go, and to be the best you can be.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
Together with living and working in the beautiful South West England, no two days will ever be the same. Our diverse client base brings new challenges and opportunities daily. Here are the typical tasks you’ll be doing as an Audit Senior:
- Planning and completing statutory audits of corporate clients, both on-site and in the office
- Leading the audit team on-site and ensuring all audit procedures are followed
- Supervising and supporting the work of less experienced team members
- Real contact time with developing relationships and liaising with people on the client side, including non-accounts employees
- Producing work for Manager and/or Partner review
- Highlighting technical or client-specific issues and providing possible solutions where required
- ACA/ ACCA qualified (or equivalent) or part-qualified with relevant experience
- Statutory audit experience, gained in a public practice environment, ideally including experience of group audits and preparing consolidated financial statements (not essential)
- Full clean driving licence with unrestricted access to a car
- Organised and able to plan your own time efficiently
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care
- Experience in using automated audit software and computer-based accounts and tax compilation programmes
- Proficient user of MS Excel, Word and Outlook
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.