AAT Trainee Accountant - Entry Level
Do you want to be a valued part of a team?
Are you ready for your career to grow and to help support an ambitious company?
When you join Aspreys Accountants & Business Consultants, you become a valued member of a wider team. You join a team that cares passionately about your career and how you grow with us, as well as helping you achieve your personal goals.
We’re looking for an ambitious and driven individual who is looking to begin their AAT studies and progress towards the ACA/ACCA qualification with us, to become a fully qualified accountant.
- We will cover the costs of your professional exams (course materials, tuition fees and exam costs), including 5 days paid study leave per exam. Overall 20% of your average working week will be allocated towards paid study leave, external courses and revision.
- You will be able to put your knowledge into practice as you’ll have diversity within your role, assisting our team with a portfolio of clients where you will receive support to continuously improve your skills.
- You’ll be given the opportunity to work with a variety of clients in various industries and sectors.
- As you develop, you’ll be given further responsibilities along the way including managing a small portfolio of clients.
- Your career with us won’t just stop once you complete your AAT qualifications, you will have the opportunity to progress onto further professional exams should you wish to specialise in a particular area.
- You will receive regular internal team training and catch ups with your mentor, and you’ll be given time to ensure that you keep up to date with the latest changes in accounting and technology.
- You will have the choice to work flexibly, with a few days working from home if you wish and the rest in the office; wherever you feel most comfortable and productive to get the work done.
- You will be part of an organisation that is always looking for a more efficient way of working, innovating, and challenging the way that we do things. Your ideas will always be valued!
- We love technology and are always keeping up to date with new software to help both us and our clients.
What will you receive by working at Aspreys Accountants?
- We're offering a competitive salary £19k-£22k, plus bonus incentives.
- You will be a valuable part of the team and be able to develop in a growing and ambitious accountancy practice
- 28 days including bank holidays, as a minimum. Additional holiday for team & company performance.
- We'll contribute to your pension scheme.
What key responsibilities will you be involved in during your training?
- Being the day-to-day contact for client bookkeeping activities (including updating and maintaining the client’s sales, purchases and general ledgers).
- Carrying out bank reconciliations and reconciliations of other key control accounts ensuring this is up to date and accurate.
- Preparing and posting key transactions i.e payroll, prepayments, fixed assets/depreciation, accruals, intercompany transactions and ad-hoc adjustments.
- Assisting with the preparation & submission of VAT and CIS for our clients.
- Support the preparation of management accounts - Maintain accounting records and working papers, calculate and apply month end adjustments to management accounts
- Ensure all deadlines are met in line with client agreements
- Supporting more senior staff and team members in client work and management.
What do we need our Trainee Accountant to be?
- Willing to learn and obtain practical on the job experience to support your studies.
- Confident with learning our accounting software and enjoy adopting new tech.
- Minimum 2 x A levels (A-C) and one other A level or equivalent
- 5 GCSEs grades A*- C or 9-4 (Maths and English Language preferred) or equivalent.
- A passion for numbers and problem solving
- Ability to demonstrate good verbal and written communication
- Good time management/organisation with the ability to maintain a good work-life-study balance to meet required deadlines
- Willingness to contribute to Team Aspreys and to help the growth of the company.
Your next step ..
The first step towards joining us is to send a CV, with a covering letter sharing why you feel that Aspreys Accountants & HR would be the perfect home for you, to email@example.com.