School Leaver, Business Tax - Bristol, Sept 2023 (ACA)
- Evelyn Partners
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- Closing date
- 2 Jun 2023
- Accounting - practice, Banking, finance and investment
- Salary band
- £10,000 - £20,000
- Contract type
- Graduate schemes, ICAEW Apprenticeships
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- From our office
Looking to start a career that’s wide-ranging, varied and rewarding? Find the right opportunities and experience for you at Evelyn Partners.
We believe that the best learning experiences are immersive from Day One.
Think client meetings, tackling real-life challenges, responsibility, and exciting work across a wide range of sectors, on a structured training programme.
Of course, we won’t throw you in at the deep end – you will get all the support and supervision you need. As part of the UK’s leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, you will learn from some of the industry’s thought leaders. Together, our experts manage around £55 billion of assets for 172,000 clients – and growing.
Individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities, businesses: we’re dedicated to supporting them all, through the power of good advice.
What you can expect on our graduate programme:
- Fully funded ACA qualification, equivalent to a master’s degree
- Hands-on experience within a team invested in building your skills and business knowledge
- Qualification training with our partner First Intuition, rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
- Dedicated L&D team and training contact for your department and office location, to support you throughout your studies
- Comprehensive soft skills programme
- Your own personal support network, including a buddy to offer first-hand experience
- Contact with partners, to build your confidence with senior members of staff
- Accelerated career progression, thanks to early responsibility
- Exposure to a wide selection of clients, sectors, and projects
Our Business Tax Team
Our Tax team provides tax and consulting services to a wide range of companies, from large multinational groups to owner-managed businesses as well as providing personal tax services to individuals from all walks of life. New joiners will be able to experience both Business Tax Services and Private Client Tax Services as part of the role.
Business tax advice is designed to meet our client’s agreed commercial objectives considering all relevant taxes, including corporation tax, VAT and employment taxes. We provide practical advice, regularly negotiating with HM Revenue & Customs, with members of our team sitting on a number of leading professional and industry committees.
Private Client tax services helps individuals with their tax issues. With over 6,000 private tax clients and 1,500 trusts, our team’s client base is incredibly diverse, including high-net-worth families and individuals, as well as entrepreneurs, business owners and family businesses.
Working closely with our senior tax professionals, you’ll feel yourself improving day by day as they teach you the intricacies of their trade. One moment you could be helping a small business ensure they are tax compliant; the next, you could be learning the complex, but fascinating cross-border considerations of international tax. You will also be joining a team that supports clients to meet their tax compliance obligations and liaises with HMRC on their behalf. This can include preparing their tax returns, repayment claims, computations, accounts and dealing with any correspondence from HMRC.
We believe that hands-on experience is key to creating well-rounded trusted business advisers this means you'll be doing real work from the start.
During your training contract you will study towards the Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) qualification. Additionally, you will achieve the Level 7 Apprenticeship qualification, developing essential skills sought out in the professional services sector.
As a graduate in our Business Tax team your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of tax computations and returns including drafting client communication
- Liaising with clients and third parties to obtain necessary information
- Advising clients of their forthcoming tax liabilities and tax matters affecting them
- Dealing with correspondence from clients, HMRC and other third parties. This can be via letter, email or telephone.
- Assisting with research assignments and drafting technical documentation
- Supporting more qualified staff on more complex client situations
- Acquiring and building relationships with your own clients
- Delivering first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Committed to completing the Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) qualification, on a Level 7 apprenticeship
- A level: Minimum 112 UCAS points in top 3 A levels excluding General Studies (or equivalent)
- GCSE: Minimum Grade 5 (or equivalent), in English Language and Maths respectively
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert