Clean Energy/Healthcare - Commercial Consultant
- Asteros Advisers Ltd
- Old Street - London
- Starting at £25,000 and rising incrementally to £37,000 on completion of ACA qualification.
- Closing date
- 2 Jun 2023
- Business and management, Environment, Other
- Salary band
- £20,000 - £30,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
SUBMISSION OF A COVERING LETTER AND CV IS REQUIRED FOR PROGRESSION OF YOUR APPLICATION
PLEASE ENSURE YOU REGULARLY CHECK YOUR JUNK FOLDER FOR ANY EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE
PLEASE ALSO CONFIRM YOUR RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK FOR A CONTINUOUS PERIOD
Asteros Advisers is a financial/commercial consultancy firm that specialise in the Clean Energy and Healthcare sectors by providing advice on infrastructure projects. We work alongside multinational technical, legal and commercial consultancy organisations to support our clients in best investing their capital resources to meet their objectives.
Role and responsibilities:
As a Clean Energy/Healthcare Commercial Consultant (Commercial Consultant), you will undertake a three-year programme that combines structured training, work experience and on-the-job training to provide you with a lasting foundation for your career. The role is focused on projects in the clean energy and healthcare sectors and will involve providing financial and commercial advice to projects. Our consultants are all accountants and this role involves studying for the ACA qualification. Whilst you will receive close support from our senior team, you should expect to undertake work for our clients from the start of your appointment and will assume a degree of autonomy and responsibility.
You will be involved in the entire ‘life-cycle’ of our advisory engagements including:
- Delivery of work: Supporting and ultimately leading on producing client deliverables, including:
- Providing verbal and written advice
- Writing reports and advice letters
- Preparing business cases
- Liaising with other advisers on projects
- Project management
- Financial modelling
- Delivering workshops
- Bidding for work: Assisting in the preparation of proposals to bid for new work, attendance at selection interviews and responding to clarifications.
- Sales activities: Research prospective and existing clients, investigate potential new sectors, and direct marketing to potential clients.
- Administrative activities: Assisting the directors in the administration of Asteros Advisers.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for candidates whose strengths align with analytical thinking, collaboration, communication, leadership, reasoned decision making and being business minded. Strong Microsoft Excel skills are highly desired, but not essential. You will have the opportunity to develop and grow as we do and will have a great grounding for your future career.
The role will be hugely varied and as a Commercial Consultant, you will need to enthusiastically embrace a constant stream of new challenges. You will rarely feel in your comfort zone, and this should be something that excites you rather than causes you concern. Application of your existing knowledge and skills to solving new problems should come naturally and you should have a good instinct about when you are comfortable providing advice and when you need to refer to more experienced members of the team. You will need to be comfortable communicating with groups of people and should be able to interact with clients in a way that gives them confidence in you.
Level 7 Apprenticeship with ICAEW
You will be required to attend accountancy training at an accredited accountancy college. We will release you from work so that you can attend during your working week, and we will provide you with study leave to study for and sit exams. There is an expectation that you will pass your exams. Progression through these exams is needed to attain the ACA qualification. Alongside the exams, you will progress through your level 7 apprenticeship with the assistance of your accountancy training provider and us. By the end of your training agreement, you will hold both an ICAEW chartered accountant designation as well as having completed a level 7 apprenticeship. We will provide other formal accredited training as necessary, for instance on project management, IT and preparing business cases.
Qualifications and education requirements:
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
- Minimum 2:2 undergraduate degree in any discipline 3 A-Levels at grades A* - C Grade 9-5 in English Language & Maths GCSE
Our core services:
- Producing feasibility studies, options appraisals and (Treasury Green Book compliant) business cases to support investment decision making
- Providing commercial advice on joint ventures, strategic estate partnerships and local asset-backed vehicle corporate structures
- Undertaking whole-life appraisals of energy infrastructure
- Advising on secondary market sales and refinancing of projects
- Financial model build and data book preparation/validation
- Running funding competitions and preparing project information memoranda
- Procurement and commercial advisory support
Clean Energy: Aecom, Triple Point Heat Networks, Vattenfall, Beverley Council, Bridgend Council, Thames Marine Services, BEIS, Murphy’s Utility Assets
Secondary Markets & Fundraising: London Borough of Southwark, Blackburn with Darwen Council, Derby City Council, Newbury College
Health: Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Trust, Barts Health NHS Trust, East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust, Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, NHS Frimley Health Foundation Trust, Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust
Local Government: North Lanarkshire Council, London Borough of Southwark, Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council, Derby City Council, London Borough of Ealing
Government & Infrastructure Financial Advisory Services
We help our clients to successfully deliver infrastructure projects in a number of sectors including new energy, health, housing, education, waste, transport, leisure, emergency services and defence. The team have individually advised on private finance for public sector infrastructure and Public Private Partnerships (PPP) for over 20 years and have worked together for more than 10 years delivering projects that have enhanced public sector services across the UK.
Our longevity means we offer our clients a depth of knowledge and commercial experience that helps them succeed. We structure projects innovatively to deliver affordable, value for money and effective balance-sheet financing solutions for major capital projects. Our private sector clients appreciate our expertise and familiarity in dealing with public sector bodies.
- +44 (0) 20 3457 0879
Apply for Clean Energy/Healthcare - Commercial Consultant
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert