Digital Degree Apprentice, Guernsey
- PwC Channel Islands
- Closing date
- 27 May 2023
- Accounting - practice, Science and technology
- Salary band
- Contract type
- School leaver programmes
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- From our office
Post Title: Digital Degree Apprentice Programme, Guernsey
This is a full-time position within the PwC Channel Islands Advisory team. It provides an opportunity to work towards a subsidised first undergraduate degree whilst working within an exciting and growing part of PwC’s business. This is part of the Digital Degree Apprenticeship (DDA) Programme, in collaboration with the University of Exeter and the Government of Jersey. The scheme is available to applicants across the Channel Islands and will cover all tuition fees.
At PwC we help organisations to work smarter and grow faster. Our work is always evolving to respond to industry trends and management focus, and we combine our deep technical skills with our understanding of our clients’ changing needs. We are human-led and tech-powered.
- The Advisory team helps provides advice and assistance based on our deep financial, analytical and business process skills to help our clients improve the way they operate, innovate and grow, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent and change the way they do business. We use our specialist knowledge to help businesses to reach their potential.
- The role combines study towards a first degree with the University of Exeter (one week residential each term, along with approximately a day a week remote) with a role working as part of the Advisory team, helping to bring your knowledge and gain experience helping to solve client problems (approximately four days a week).
- Alongside studying for your degree, as part of the DDA programme we also commit to providing you with opportunities to undertake a blended learning programme including professional certifications, industry and market experience, and human difference (“soft”) skills training including leadership and self-awareness. You will be supported to help balance your time appropriately.
What qualification will you receive?
Your priority in terms of training will be study towards a BSc (Hons) Digital Technology Solutions degree over 4 years. After the second year you’ll have the opportunity to select a specialist pathway for your third and fourth years in one of the following areas: Software Engineering, Data Analysis, IT Business Analysis, IT Consultancy, or Cyber Security.
Who is this vacancy for?
It doesn’t matter who you are, what your background is, or why haven’t completed an undergraduate degree previously. As you will hopefully have gathered by now, we believe diversity is our strength. We do have some requirements around the strength of your academic achievements – please see below – however if you don’t meet these, would like to apply, and consider that there are extenuating circumstances, then please get in touch.
What are the academic requirements?
A minimum of 120 UCAS points (the subject of your A Levels or equivalent qualification is not important). We understand that some applicants won’t receive their A Level or equivalent results until the summer and this will be taken into consideration during the process and in the form of any offer made.
What’s the application timetable?
To avoid disappointment, please apply to this role as early as possible.
Eligibility to work in CI
Due to immigration restrictions in Jersey and Guernsey, PwC Channel Islands is unable to consider apprenticeships to candidates who require work permits. Work permits are currently only granted once candidates are fully professionally qualified.
Further details of the role can be found on both the PwC ‘Student Careers’ website and on Government of Jersey’s ‘Digital Degree Apprenticeship’ page.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert