- Grant Thornton Ltd
- Closing date
- 27 May 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- Not applicable
- Contract type
- Graduate schemes
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Assists in the conduct of an audit engagement under supervision and may be responsible for undertaking small non-complex audits which will involve pre-audit scoping and preparation, identifying audit risks and performing preliminary evaluation of client’s internal control structure to identify weaknesses and areas for management consideration and improvement.
• Assists with audit planning procedures including audit tests using the firm’s audit methodology ensuring that key matters not identified at the planning stage are brought to the attention of the client management team and assists with assessment.
• Completes allocated tasks to a high standard which meet set reporting and auditing standards.
• Assists with preparation of the simpler financial statements, or reviews client-prepared financial statement and other management reports to develop understanding and increase knowledge of various entities and accounting issues.
• Monitors own WIP and ensures a positive contribution is made to departmental billing.
• Builds confidence in dealing with clients and knowledge of more in depth tasks, developing the ability to take on more complex engagements and builds relationships to ensure client retention and growth.
• Acts as an ambassador of the firm, building relationships and promoting the firm at every opportunity to facilitate new business opportunities.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Ability to develop an understanding of the role and function of audit for a large range of different entities, in particular financial service clients and an understanding of audit techniques including planning, interviewing, documentation, testing, conclusions and reporting.
• Is pro-active in developing technical knowledge and understanding of current accounting and audit regulations and issues.
• Is a team player, but also able to work alone and be a self starter with a flexible and proactive approach coupled with an ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Has good communication, interpersonal, planning and organising skills and is able to display initiative and lateral thinking coupled with the ability to solve simple problems and displays an analytical thinking ability.
• Highly PC literate with good knowledge of Windows software and accounting systems.
• 112 UCAS points, or Degree (2:1 or above), or equivalent.
• No relevant experience necessary but must be willing and able to undertake a relevant accounting professional qualification and apply that knowledge to gain experience in the role.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert