Tech & High Growth Audit Graduate
- Cooper Parry
- London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 27 May 2023
- Accounting - practice, Banking, finance and investment, Business and management
- Salary band
- £20,000 - £30,000
- Contract type
- Graduate schemes
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
Want to start an exciting new career in Summer 2023? Do you have an interest in emerging technologies and how it is shaping the future? Can you imagine working with rapidly growing start-ups and scaleups in the tech sector?
Keen to continue studying and gain a professional qualification?
Well, this is very different to your average generalist audit trainee role and we aren’t your usual audit team.
We are part of the Tech & High Growth team in Shoreditch, London, working together as a unit to put fast scaling companies in the best position to fly! We see our clients’ success as our success, and we are looking for people just as ambitious as us to join the THG family.
A bit about CP....
We are the fastest growing team within one of the fastest growing accountancy firms in the UK and we have the awards to prove it. We were voted as the #No1 Accountancy firm to work for in the UK by the Best Companies awards 2021, along with a host of other awards as well… so what makes us so special?
Well, keep reading to find out!
About the role...
Our team are leading the way in the Tech & Scale Up sector, which shows through our exceptional growth and our clients trust and satisfaction in the service they receive. We support the founders and the finance teams in these companies to deal with the challenges of rapid expansion.
You will kick off your training in audit to get a solid base of business and financial understanding and within years you will be leading and taking charge of a team not only supporting these clients but also supporting the next generation of CP trainees.
- Reviewing financial records to identify risks, improvements and ensure records show a “true and fair” financial view
- Working in small teams undertaking financial testing contributing your part to the wider set of accounts
- Managing several priorities to deliver high quality results
- Effectively planning and organising to ensure all client work is carried out within the appropriate timescales set by the manager and providing regular updates to the manager without being prompted
- Problem solving to clear audit issues and being confident to seek guidance and support from colleagues and managers when required
- Studying for your ACA Chartered Accountant Qualification over 3 years for a Graduate programme or 4 years as an Apprentice.
What we are looking for...
- Able to demonstrate a keen interest in working with Tech & High Growth companies
- Like working to pace with an insatiable hunger to succeed
- Able to deliver a brilliant client experience through clear effective communication
- Want to stretch themselves and go above and beyond the norm
- Great attention to detail, a passion for numbers and a knack for following processes within guidelines.
- Comfortable approaching clients and asking questions.
- Curious about growth companies and see our work as part of their success.
We’ll make sure you’re challenged and supported every step of the way with your career development.
To help set people up for success we prefer students to have a minimum of 112 UCAS points, however – drive and ambition is just as important! As such we welcome applications from all backgrounds.
What's in it for you...
At Cooper Parry our mindset is simple. We only do things if we believe we can be No.1.We start doing that by putting our people at the heart of our culture. Why? Pretty simple really… if our people love working here then then they do amazing work. That’s why we offer things like:
- Open holidays
- No dress code - just “Wear something!”
- Incredible ongoing development and career growth
- A flexible approach to work balancing working from home, in office or with clients
- Study Support /leave and Professional memberships
- Cooper Parry Social/Sports Clubs
- Regular Social events
- Volunteering/ charity days
Play to your strengths, we say. Create a role you’re truly passionate about.
Interested? If you’d like to be considered for this role, please click apply, upload your CV and answer our application questions. One of our Early Careers Team will then contact you.
Advisers are all alike, right? Well no, they’re not. At Cooper Parry we fly in the face of convention. If others zig, we zag. If they go down the straight and narrow, we scan far and wide. We look to ‘Disrupt, Lead and Make Life Count’. This is how we see the world, and it's why we've been hailed 'the rebels of accountancy'. We build relationships with our clients that break the mould. And we’re never afraid to give our opinion. Why? Because that’s how we’ll help you to flourish financially, and free up your time to get the most out of life.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert