EMEA Tax and Treasury Apprentice - ACA
- Kaplan Financial
- Closing date
- 15 Apr 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- Contract type
- ICAEW Apprenticeships
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Not applicable
This is a three year programme to work within the EMEA tax and treasury department of a global US listed (NYSE) organization, where you will gain experience in key aspects of direct and indirect tax, statutory reporting and treasury and cash management supporting Coopervision and CooperSurgical regional offices in the EMEA region.
This is a level 7 apprenticeship where you will work towards gaining a professional accountancy qualification, (ACCA, ACA or CTA) with a study support package that includes study leave, and payment for external tuition and exams (conditions apply).
The role will provide opportunities to partner with other areas of finance outside of Tax and Treasury as well as non-finance departments within the wider business. As part of an international function, the role will require working with non-UK based individuals both internal and external to the company.
To assist the EMEA Tax and Treasury department in line with corporate accounting policies and internal control procedures, in the areas of tax, treasury and statutory reporting detailed below for those countries within the shared service centre (UK, Ireland, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Turkey, India, (in addition to any other future expansion of the shared service centre within EMEA). As well as, assisting in supporting other CooperVision and CooperSurgical regional offices in the EMEA region.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities:
Examples of what the apprentice may be involved with during the programme are as follows:
- To ensure compliance with current taxation and statutory legislation within the EMEA region support in cash flow forecasting.
- To support in the maintenance of banking and treasury requirements.
- To support in the preparation of annual statutory accounts.
- To assist as required with the annual internal and external audit reviews.
- To support in the preparation of VAT returns.
- To support in the preparation of the corporate tax computations which may include analysis of tax sensitive general ledger accounts, analysis of fixed asset additions for correct tax classification.
- To assist in the annual calculation of transfer prices.
- Assistance with the implementation of new financial systems such as Oracle.
- As a fast moving department with a breadth of responsibility, there will always be other duties that come into the role.
The working hours are Monday- Fri 8:30am - 4:30pm. The position is hybrid, where you will work 2-3 days in the office, and the rest homebased.
Please visit - https://coopervision.co.uk/ - for further information about the company.
For almost 80 years, we've helped shape the development and careers of finance professionals. We operate in over 30 countries, with strong links to the US, and have become one of the leading education providers in the world. We’ve worked with over 3 million individuals and businesses across the globe.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert