Tax Trainee - ATT Qualification
- St Albans, Hertfordshire (GB)
- up to £27,000 per annum + study leave + benefits
- Closing date
- 18 Apr 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- Contract type
- Graduate schemes, School leaver programmes
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Description: Tax Trainee – ATT Qualification
Contract Type: Permanent from Spring 2023
Location: St Albans AL1 with excellent train links to London (20 mins) and across Hertfordshire
Industry: Accounting Practice
Salary: Competitive salary + study leave + benefits package
As one of our Tax Trainees, you will play a major part in our ongoing success story. From the start of your
contract, you will be entrusted with real client assignments and real responsibilities, gaining valuable experience whilst receiving support for your ATT qualification.
We welcome applications from both Graduates and A Level (or equivalent) students.
What is an ATT Qualification?
The Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) qualification gives you an understanding of the basic UK tax system and demonstrates your ability to provide tax compliance services. After qualifying you can progress onto the Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) and become a chartered tax advisor.
WMT is a trusted advisor, providing a broad range of audit and assurance, accounting, tax, and business advice services. We work with many business types including owners and directors, trustees, landlords and private individuals, to help them run effectively and achieve their goals.
WMT is a progressive, supportive, and friendly environment, allowing you to flourish in your career. You will gain practical skills and experience and be supported to discover where your personal strengths and interests lie, creating a firm foundation for your future career, and providing opportunity to gain experience within the wider firm.
We will provide you with
A fully funded training package including:
- ATT tuition and revision courses, including exams, provided through a leading training organisation
- Paid study leave
- A friendly and supportive environment which encourages teamwork and knowledge-sharing
- Regular development reviews, mentoring and on-the-job training
- A comprehensive range of technical skills in accounting and taxation
- Experience and knowledge of a range of business services and clients of different types and sizes, enabling your development
- Practical and interpersonal skills including problem-solving, customer service, and business advice skills to help you become a well-rounded professional advisor
- Regular salary reviews
Your work will include
You will be expected to work on a variety of client matters, assisting the rest of the team with their clients and working closely with a dedicated mentor. This will include:
- Preparation of self-assessment tax returns for a diverse range of clients including high net work individuals, landlords, self-employed individuals, partnerships, and company directors
- Dealing with ad hoc client queries as and when they arise
- Preparation of accounts for landlords and self-employed individuals
- Ensuring clients have paid their taxes and corresponding with clients to remind them of their obligations
- Checking PAYE coding notices for clients
- Liaising with HMRC on clients’ issues such as incorrect coding notices and payment queries
- Assisting with data collection and reporting of tax return progress
Complete the ATT qualification over a 2 year period.
In addition to your paid study leave, you should be prepared to study in your own time to make sure you get the most from your training and achieve exam success.
Work with your line manager to identify your development needs and interests and formulate a set of personal objectives and a development plan to help you achieve your goals.
- 2:1 degree, in any subject (for graduate applicants)
- 3 A Level passes equivalent to or above 120 UCAS points GCSE passes including Grade B or above in both Maths and English
- A natural affinity with numbers
- Sound written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Able to work with accuracy and focus, even under pressure
- Self-motivated with an interest in business and finance
- Experience of using Outlook, Excel and Word
- Competitive salary that is regularly benchmarked against market rates
- Annual leave starting at 25 days (plus Statutory Bank Holidays), increasing with length of service
- Additional holiday purchase
- Pension with optional salary exchange scheme
- Life Insurance at four times basic annual salary
- Income Protection Insurance
- Professional subscription fees paid
- Benefits and Wellbeing portal offering discounts on shopping, a Wellbeing Centre, and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Numerous subsidised social events and activities organised by our Social Committee
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous Employee Referral scheme
- Business Casual dress
- Kitchen stocked with free fruit, snacks, breakfast items, hot and cold drinks
- Flu vaccination Hybrid working for most roles Study support for professional qualifications if applicable
- Extensive Learning and Development Opportunities
Application and selection process
This position is offered under a level 4 apprenticeship so unfortunately, we are not able to provide sponsorship for this role. Please apply here or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , outlining your motivations for undertaking the traineeship. We may ask you for further information by email, before progressing your application.
The selection process will consist of an online aptitude test initially, followed by one or more interviews including in-person interviews at our St Albans offices.Additional Information Our office is located adjacent to St Albans City Rail and Bus station with excellent transport links into London and across Hertfordshire. You can find out more about working at WMT by visiting https://wmtllp.com/join-our-team .
Working with business owners and directors, trustees and private individuals, WMT provides a broad range of audit and assurance, accounting, tax, and business advice services that help organisations to run effectively and achieve their growth and development goals.
- 01727 838255
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert