- High Barnet, Barnet
- Closing date
- 13 Apr 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £20,000 - £30,000
- Contract type
- Graduate schemes, ICAEW Apprenticeships
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
At Cartwrights we recruit high calibre people with the skills, knowledge and commitment to meet the demands of the business. If you are a graduate with a degree of 2.1 or above then you could be ready to start a career supported by professional training both with external bodies and on the job experience.
As part of a busy team in our tax department you will be involved in:-
- Helping clients to understand the tax legislation and how it applies to them and their business
- Assisting clients to be compliant with current HMRC regulations and including preparing computations for companies for tax to be included in their end of year accounts
- Finalising their computations and Corporation Tax Return, CT600 for filing with HMRC
- Preparing tax returns for personal, trusts, executive pension schemes and partnerships
- General compliance including pre year end tax planning, employee benefit reporting, ensuring time limits are met and billing
- For the owner managed businesses we also ensure that the director/shareholders are also tax compliant which includes preparing their personal tax returns
- Tax planning advice and assisting with consultancy projects
- Ensuring the firms procedures on annual tax cycles are complied with
- Discussing clients matters with the client and with HMRC
- Assisting other group members in professional work
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to study towards the Association of Taxation Technician (ATT).
- Good results in your A-levels (excluding General Studies) and degree.
- GCSE English and maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade B.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the ATT qualifications
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Be well organised and have the ability to prioritise your own workload
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness
- Casual dress
- Company events & social hours
- Flexible working hours
To apply please send your covering letter with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not apply if you are looking for a career in Accountancy.**
For more information about Cartwrights please visit our website at www.cartwrights-ca.co.uk
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert