- Grant Thornton Ltd
- Jersey (GB) (JE)
- Closing date
- 23 Apr 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- Not applicable
- Contract type
- Graduate schemes, ICAEW Apprenticeships
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assists in the preparation of personal, trust and company tax returns for Guernsey/Jersey and UK entities, corresponding by letter, email and telephone.
o ensures accuracy and timely preparation to meet deadlines;
o ensures work is completed to a high standard before review, clearly highlighting
o endeavours to exceed client expectations.
- Provides support in a broad range of other areas of UK taxation including, but not limited to, inheritance tax and trust taxation. NB full training will be provided in all areas of tax.
- Assists in the preparation of supporting schedules by analysing backing documentation in a complete and thorough manner.
- Responsible for the checking of assessments, statements of account and surcharge notices for accuracy and highlighting any anomalies.
- Liaises with the authorities regarding tax and social security queries and responds in an efficient and timely manner, developing knowledge over time and increasing confidence to deal with more complex issues.
- Develops an understanding of the firm’s products and services and the client base to ensure client retention and growth.
- Acts as an ambassador of the firm, building relationships and promoting the firm at every opportunity to facilitate new business opportunities.
- Obtains a relevant professional qualification, if applicable, in accordance with a signed training agreement.
- Highly PC literate with good knowledge of Windows software and Microsoft 365.
- Possesses excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Is a team player but also has the confidence to work alone on certain engagements.
- Has attention to detail to ensure that the quality of work will meet the required ethical and professional standards.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines coupled with a flexible attitude and a proactive approach to work.
- Displays initiative and lateral thinking coupled with the ability to solve routine problems.
- Analytical with the ability to analyse data from a variety of different sources.
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills and has the confidence to deal with people at all level.
- Committed to effective client service
- Ability to apply the technical knowledge gained via the studies towards the professional qualification, if applicable.
- School leaver: 112 UCAS points or equivalent / Graduate: Degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent.
- Willing to undertake studies towards a relevant professional qualification, if applicable.
- 1-2 years’ experience within accountancy, tax or office administration is desirable but not essential.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert