- Grant Thornton Ltd
- Guernsey, Channel Islands
- Closing date
- 23 Apr 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- Not applicable
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Assists in the preparation of personal and company tax returns for UK and Jersey/Guernsey entities and corresponds by letter, email and telephone, ensuring accuracy and timely preparation to meet deadlines, ensuring work is completed to a high standard before review, clearly highlighting any issues and endeavours to exceed client expectations.
• Provides support in a broad range of other areas of UK taxation including, but not limited to, Inheritance Tax and Trust taxation. Full training will be provided in all areas of tax.
• Assists in preparation of supporting schedules by analysing backing documentation in a complete and thorough manner.
• Responsible for the checking of assessments, statements of account and surcharge notices for accuracy and highlighting any anomalies.
• Liaising with UK and Jersey/Guernsey tax authorities regarding queries and responding in an efficient and timely manner, developing knowledge over time and increasing confidence to deal with more complex issues.
• Develops an understanding of the firm’s products and services and the client base to ensure client retention and growth.
• Acts as an ambassador of the firm.
• Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills and has the confidence to deal with people at all levels.
• Has the ability to apply knowledge and experience and display initiative and lateral thinking coupled with the ability to solve routine problems and analyse data from a variety of different sources.
• Is a team player but also has the confidence to work alone on small engagements, coupled with a flexible attitude and a proactive approach to work and be willing to work additional hours to meet deadlines as necessary.
• Possesses excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Is motivated to perform and committed to effective client service.
• To have attention to detail to ensure that the quality of work meets the company’s ethical and professional standards and supports organisational success.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert