Are you looking to build a long-term career in Accountancy? Then look no further! Start your career today with an ACA Level 7 apprenticeship with CooperVision and Kaplan. During the programme you will assist the EMEA Tax and Treasury department in line with corporate accounting policies and internal control procedures, in the areas of tax, treasury and statutory reporting for those countries within the shared service centre.
This is a three year programme to work within the EMEA tax and treasury department of a global US listed (NYSE) organization, where you will gain experience in key aspects of direct and indirect tax, statutory reporting and treasury and cash management supporting Coopervision and CooperSurgical regional offices in the EMEA region.
This is a level 7 apprenticeship where you will work towards gaining a professional accountancy qualification, (ACCA, ACA or CTA) with a study support package that includes study leave, and payment for external tuition and exams (conditions apply).
The role will provide opportunities to partner with other areas of finance outside of Tax and Treasury as well as non-finance departments within the wider business. As part of an international function, the role will require working with non-UK based individuals both internal and external to the company.
To assist the EMEA Tax and Treasury department in line with corporate accounting policies and internal control procedures, in the areas of tax, treasury and statutory reporting detailed below for those countries within the shared service centre (UK, Ireland, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Turkey, India, (in addition to any other future expansion of the shared service centre within EMEA). As well as, assisting in supporting other CooperVision and CooperSurgical regional offices in the EMEA region.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities:
Examples of what the apprentice may be involved with during the programme are as follows:
- To ensure compliance with current taxation and statutory legislation within the EMEA region support in cash flow forecasting.
- To support in the maintenance of banking and treasury requirements.
- To support in the preparation of annual statutory accounts.
- To assist as required with the annual internal and external audit reviews.
- To support in the preparation of VAT returns.
- To support in the preparation of the corporate tax computations which may include analysis of tax sensitive general ledger accounts, analysis of fixed asset additions for correct tax classification.
- To assist in the annual calculation of transfer prices.
- Assistance with the implementation of new financial systems such as Oracle.
- As a fast moving department with a breadth of responsibility, there will always be other duties that come into the role.
The working hours are Monday- Fri 8:30am - 4:30pm. The position is hybrid, where you will work 2-3 days in the office, and the rest homebased.
- 25 days holiday.
- 5% employer, 5% employee pension.
- Health cash plan.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Life assurance, 4 x salary.
- Contact lens scheme.
- Up to 50% group income protection.
Please visit - https://coopervision.co.uk/ - for further information about the company.
- To apply for this opportunity, you’ll need a Degree or equivalent level qualification, and/or relevant finance qualification e.g AAT or ATT.
- Intermediate skill in the use of Microsoft office packages, specifically Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to read and understand technical material.
- Attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of finance working practices.
Personal qualitied required:
- Good communicator.
- Ability to participate in multi-cultural, multi-linguistic operating environment.
- Team player.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Strong time management skills.