Trainee Accountant, Media
- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 16 Apr 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £30,000 - £40,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
ASSOCIATE – MEDIA, LONDON
Are you looking to continue your career and studies as an Accountant in a successful SME based in London? Then read on!
FLB is a rapidly growing firm of Chartered Accountants who provide accounting, tax, audit, financial outsourcing, and advisory services. We are part of the Entertainment Partners Group, a leading service provider in the media and entertainment industry. With the support of private equity backing, FLB has ambitious plans to develop our teams and grow the business.
As a Trainee Accountant, you will be reporting into a manager in our Media team and will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients, from household names in the media sector, large global financiers in film and TV project financing, as well as opportunities that spread outside of the Media space. FLB can offer you unique career opportunities providing exposure to different areas of accounting, commercial investments, and film financing. We pride ourselves on putting our clients first, driving a great culture for our employees and providing our team with the latest technology to help them deliver a quality service.
THE NEXT STEP ON YOUR CAREER JOURNEY
If you’re ambitious, with a great attitude and ready for a new challenge, we’re looking for a Trainee Accountant to help us take our rapidly growing Media team to the next level. We will value and listen to your ideas to help the team succeed; we are of a size where you personally can make a difference to the way we do things.
The role of Trainee Accountant will be based in our Soho office and will see you work in a team dedicated to servicing our clients based in the Film and Television Industry.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in taking on new clients
- Day to day bookkeeping
- Collaborative working to deliver Net Asset Valuations
- Delivering commercial reporting packs for clients Film collateral tracking and profitability
- Tracking film income receipts
- Cashflow management
- Bookkeeping and management of Xero ledgers
- Trial balance reconciliations
- Preparation of VAT returns and preparation of management/statutory accounts
- Collating information for auditors
To be successful in this role as Trainee Accountant you MUST be truly passionate about accounting and determined to start a long-term career in this field. Along with an excellent attention to detail and an ability to work under pressure, you must also:
- Have at least 1.5 years’ experience in an accounting practice or industry side
- Be studying towards ACCA/ACA/CIMA (ideally 5+ exams passed)
- Have experience managing clients using your excellent communication skills
- Be computer literate and technically proficient.
Our Soho office and Winnersh office are modern open plan spaces with excellent transport connections. Our Soho office is 10 mins walk from Oxford Street/Piccadilly tube and Winnersh a 5 mins walk from Winnersh Triangle Station, with free parking by the offices. We also have an Epsom office.
FLB offer a competitive starting salary and a range of generous benefits including:
- Full study support towards the completion of your ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualifications
- Flexible working - 3 days office and 2 days working from home post passing your 3 months’ probation period. Flexible start time between 8.30 – 9.30am (7.5hr working day)
- 25 days holiday increasing by one day per years’ service up to a maximum of 30 days and ability to purchase/sell up to a further 5 days holiday
- Non-contributory private medical insurance Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Life assurance benefit
- Referral programme - £1000 if you refer someone who successfully passes their probation
- Reimbursement of one professional membership subscription related to work
- Discretionary Enhanced Sickness Entitlement after 12 months service
- An annual companywide parties and regular social events
If FLB and what we can offer is ticking all your boxes, then please APPLY NOW!
Apply for Trainee Accountant, Media
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert