Audit Associate, Apprentice
- Buzzacott LLP
- London (City of), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 15 Apr 2023
- Salary band
- £20,000 - £30,000
- Where will they be working?
- From our office
We are looking for values-driven, bright apprentices to join us for our September 2023 intake of audit trainees in our Corporate Assurance Team.
We are a rapidly growing and ambitious assurance practice of 6 partners supported by a 60 strong team situated in St Paul’s in the City of London. We work with a wide range of privately owned businesses across a variety of sectors including financial services, real estate, retail, manufacturing, professional practices and technology and media. Our clients vary from entrepreneurial start-ups to large international groups with several of our larger clients having turnover and/or assets of more than £500m.
Our approach to working and our unique culture differentiates us from other audit firms in London and makes Buzzacott the standout choice for people who are looking for a new challenge, rapid career advancement and who want to enjoy what they do.
Key aspects of the role include:
- To act as a trainee auditor in the Corporate Assurance team, working with a wide range of profit-making organisations. Carry out all audit work, including visiting client sites mainly in and around London and Greater London.
- Keep Seniors, Managers and Partners informed of the progress of the team’s jobs.
- Budget for your time and keep costs within budget wherever possible.
- For smaller assignments, plan and complete the audit file as per the Audit Completion Checklist.
You will study towards the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Level 3 and Level 4 qualification over 30 months under an apprenticeship, building not only on your technical skills, but also on your personal and professional development. Continued career progression is supported with a view for further study towards becoming an Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) after completion of the AAT. Training consists of a combination of courses at the tutors’ offices, private study and regular exams, as well as on-the-job training. You will have paid study leave to support you in the run up to exams and all course and exam fees are paid for.
As the largest single-office accountancy firm in the UK, we describe ourselves as friendly and professional, with values ingrained in our culture of trust, client focus, exceptional service, specialist knowledge and approachability. We all work together under one roof, giving you the opportunity to collaborate, build relationships and shine from day one.
What’s in it for you?
We go above and beyond for our clients, but also for you. We have a genuine commitment to your development, offering you a closely supported and structured programme of tuition, provided by a top firm of external tutors. Internally, you’ll be supported by a manager who will act as your mentor, a trainee buddy, partners, senior staff and a dedicated Training and Development Coordinator.
As you progress through your training you will receive incremental salary increases as you hit various milestones in your qualification.
You are the right person for the role if:
- You are a problem solver with high standards, who thrives in a meritocracy, with an inquiring mind and a sociable disposition.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact professionally with internal and external clients
- You are a strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritise your time to studying and working simultaneously
- You can liaise with staff and clients (as required) and aim to further good relations to promote the firm’s image and services at all times.
No previous experience is required for our trainee roles, but to apply you will need to have:
- A minimum of 120 UCAS Tariff points from your top 3 A-levels, or equivalent (300 using the old tariff)
- A minimum of Level 7 (A grade using the old system) in GSCE Maths and English Language, or equivalent
- The right to work in the UK without restrictions for the duration of the training contract
Please note we do not accept General Studies or applications from part-qualified applicants.
Buzzacott is a top 25 UK accountancy firm based in London. Our knowledge is applied through “specialist teams” who combine niche expertise in international and regulation-intensive sectors – expatriates, charities, LLPs - with excellence in mainstream tax and financial management services. We are partners to those we serve, sharing our experience and creating a bespoke response to an individual brief. That brief may concern a not-for-profit organisation or a firm of solicitors; personal investment or company takeover; here, or in 90 countries worldwide. We are an independent member of Prime Global, the third largest association of independent accounting firms in the world, comprised of over 350 highly successful independent public accounting firms in 90 countries. We have in excess of 250 staff working with 28 partners in specialist teams. Located in one central office, we have clear advantages from easy communication, cooperative working and cross-cutting service provision.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert