- Haines Watts London LLP
- Okehampton, Devon (GB)
- Competitive salary + benefits
- Closing date
- 10 Apr 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £10,000 - £20,000
- Contract type
- Graduate schemes, ICAEW Apprenticeships
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Accounts Trainee - ACA Pathway
It starts with you!
Some people think being an accountant is all about numbers. Here at Haines Watts we don't! We believe it's all about our people and the relationships they forge with one another as well as with our clients. We've been around for 90 years, so we must know a thing or two.
Our clients come from all walks of life. They have different backgrounds, experiences, talents, skills and goals. Just like our people.
So, we have a question for you: are you looking for a job that's just about the numbers? Or do you want a career where your potential, your ambition and your curiosity are encouraged, nurtured and rewarded?
At Haines Watts, there's no limit to what you can achieve. We'll give you support, opportunity and exposure to a wide variety of work and clients across different industries. It's up to you what you make of it!
You can find out more about us and our story - www.hwca.com/our-story
What's the role?
As an Accounts Trainee role looking to start your career in our Okehampton office, you will be on an ACA Apprenticeship Study Programme and will assist the accounts team in the management and delivery of accounts preparation services for our clients. To get a flavour of our clients, watch their videos www.hwca.com/resources/owning-it/ or listen to their stories on our podcast - https://open.spotify.com/show/3Q78CWy7O4NXu1FE9akPT5
Your key tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare analysis and make postings using the firm's accounting software and to produce straightforward draft financial statements in statutory format using the firm's accounting software;
- Completing disclosure checklists for companies preparing accounts under UK GAAP
- Preparing annual returns and other documents for filing with Companies House and complete company statutory books;
- Preparation of management accounts
- assisting with identifying tax planning opportunities
- Identifying basic tax adjustments arising from accounts production and audit work
Qualifications you should have:
- Ideally a 2.2 or above in any degree attained
- Gained at least 112 UCAS points from 3 A Levels (excluding General Studies)
Haines Watts is mindful of individuals who may have extenuating circumstances and did not meet the minimum academic requirements. We are open to discussing and exploring the pathway you have chosen and welcome you to apply for the role and send an email regarding your extenuating circumstances which affected your results.
Just like you, we have our own unique DNA
We're an ambitious business that isn't afraid of success. We know we're not perfect but we're striving to address the big issues our people, communities, clients and business face, and we encourage all our people to have a voice in that journey.
Our DNA is built on valuing relationships, being passionate about what we do and how we do it, and being authentic in how we show up for ourselves, our colleagues and our clients.
What you get from us:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Full study support package for ACA qualification and apprenticeship
- Access to Haines Watts flexible rewards system
- Working in an environment that creates the best learning and development opportunities for you
- Internal mentor and buddy system to support you through your career journey
- Personal development programmes to support career growth opportunities
- Structured development and on the job practical training
- Regular opportunities to work with our Associate Partners and Partners
- Opportunities to forge the career you want!
You're unique. We're a little different too! If you're curious about what your future could be with us, we'd love to start a conversation. Yes, there will be some paper work - there always is, but don't let that put you off giving us a go!
If you want to hear from some of our people, in their own words, you can visit - www.hwca.com/our-story/working-at-haines-watts
Or take a stroll through the channels below to get a better sense of who we are, who our clients are and what we do.
Website - www.hwca.com
Twitter - www.twitter.com/haineswatts
LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/company/haines-watts
You tube - www.youtube.com/@haineswatts/videos
Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/3Q78CWy7O4NXu1FE9akPT5
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CV's are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CV's that are submitted without instruction from Haines Watts we reserve the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of agency fees.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert