Audit Graduate Trainee (Financial Services) - September 2023
- Poole & Milton Keynes - National
- Closing date
- 10 Apr 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £20,000 - £30,000
- Contract type
- Graduate schemes
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
The role of an auditor is to ensure financial statements produced by clients are ‘true and fair' and an accurate representation of the transactions and balances they claim to represent. In the financial services team, you can expect to be part of highly engaged teams, working together to deliver high quality audits in line with client expectations and deadlines.
We are now operating a hybrid working model, so as a trainee you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office, client sites when required or studying for your professional exams.
We are looking for candidates with a strong desire to learn and progress, and we give increasing responsibility when an individual is ready rather than at pre-determined times. However, our broad expectation of roles and responsibilities during the three-year training contract is set out below.
During your first year you will:
- Work with various clients, building a strong understanding of their business;
- Learn how to prepare professional audit documents in line with our audit methodology using audit software and systems;
- Develop a thorough understanding of financial statements; and
- Be able to obtain relevant information from clients whilst building effective rapport with clients.
During your second year you will:
- Build and develop audit skills in increasingly complex and technical areas;
- Be able to take ownership for sections allocated to you in an audit file;
- Self-review your own work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers; and
- Be able to help less experienced team members.
In your final year you will be expected to take on significantly more responsibility. Depending on the client, this may involve taking the lead on a technical area or a team and ensuring the entire audit file is completed. This will include a combination of working to stated deadlines, managing the work of junior members, taking responsibility for the budget, and presenting in both team and client meetings.
Mazars is an international, integrated and independent firm, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory and tax services. Operating in 89 countries and territories, as of 1st January 2019, the firm draws on the expertise of 23,000 professionals to assist major international groups, SMEs, private investors and public bodies at every stage in their development.
A positively different ﬁrm, Mazars is differentiated by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business, we are entrepreneurs with a strong European heritage:
• We offer our people a chance to be part of a global adventure, gaining valuable experiences while making a difference in a global team;
• We offer our clients a different perspective, combining our global thinking with technical expertise. We deliver trust and create value;
• We offer our society an approach to business that is responsible, recognising that good business is good for our society, for our people and for our clients.
In the UK, Mazars has approximately 140 partners and over 1,700 employees serving clients from 17 offices and is ranked one of the top 10 firms nationally.
Apply for Audit Graduate Trainee (Financial Services) - September 2023
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert