Associate - Tax, People Advisory Services (Mobility)
- Ernst & Young LLP
- Singapore (SG)
- Closing date
- 10 Apr 2023
- Salary band
- Competitive, Non-UK salary
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enables you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Human Capital, Indirect Tax Services, International, as well as Transaction Tax Services.
As part of People Advisory Services (Mobility) team, it gives you the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of deploying a globally mobile workforce. We provide strategic advices on mobility programs and offer technology advisory services and project management.
- Focusing on personal taxation and security issues for companies with globally mobile employees
- Applying individual income tax knowledge and expand it to include experience on cross-border situations, application of tax treaties, cross-border mobility situations.
- Providing tax advice to inbound and outbound employees (e.g. basis of taxation, Not Ordinarily Resident scheme, tax planning via remuneration packaging, employee share schemes).
- Engaging in variety of projects including employment tax risk reviews, share scheme planning and employment arrangement advice.
- Liaising with overseas EY offices to coordinate complete cross-border advice for our clients.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Pursuing university degree related to Accountancy, Business or equivalent
- Problem solving and numerical skills
- Ability to work with complex and detailed information
- Experience and/or demonstrated ability in time management and adaptability to change under pressure to build effective relationships at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and relationship building
What you can expect
- Candidates may expect a phone screening
- Shortlisted candidates may expect a written assessment prior to the interview
You are strongly encouraged to prioritize your job application, as applicants with more than one job entry under Tax will only be shortlisted for one Tax position. This position is only applicable to students who are in their final year of study. We regret that applicants who do not belong to this category will not be shortlisted for this recruitment exercise.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed Resume with expected graduation period
- Copy of Highest / Latest Academic Certification and Transcripts
This job is for EY Singapore and based in Singapore.
At EY, we’re dedicated to helping organizations solve their toughest challenges and realize their greatest ambitions - from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies – and the work we do with them is as varied as they are.
Through our four service lines — Assurance, Consulting, Strategy and Transactions, and Tax — we help our clients capitalize on transformative opportunities. We also help them fulfill regulatory requirements, keep investors informed and meet the needs of all of their stakeholders. And in a fast-changing world, we give them the support they need to be effective today and create long-term value for tomorrow.
Across all disciplines and from every angle, EY professionals draw on our shared creativity, experience, judgment and diverse perspectives to reframe the future for our clients – now, next and beyond.
One Raffles Quay North Tower Level 18, 048583
Apply for Associate - Tax, People Advisory Services (Mobility)
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert