Shawbrook is a specialist bank driven by a purpose to power up ingenuity to create opportunity, every single day.
We offer a diverse range of savings and loan products. From personal and business savings accounts and loans for wedding and new cars, to complex financial credit facilities for businesses requiring significant investment and mortgages for landlords with multiple properties – no two customers are ever the same.
We give our customers the best-of-both worlds; uniquely combining strong digital capabilities with human expertise and ingenuity to deliver the best outcomes. We rise to the challenge of a complex case or unconventional circumstances, and we love to make things happen. By being creative, practical, and personal, we know we can always find the right solution for our customers.
If you’re willing to roll up your sleeves, contribute new ideas and believe anything is possible, you’re our kind of person
Work with us because you:
- Want to be part of a bank built for the dynamics of the modern world
- Relish a challenge and enjoy a fast-paced, innovative, and hardworking culture
- Enjoy finding new and better ways to solve complexity and make things happen
- Want to belong to a diverse culture that stands shoulder to shoulder with minority and underrepresented groups
- Care about society and the environment and want to be part of a business that cares too
- Want to continue to grow professionally and be the best version of yourself
The Role & Responsibilities
- Shawbrook’s ACA Finance programme will kick start your career, gaining experience and insight into the Finance department and the broader business over your 3-year programme
- In the 3-year programme, you will gain real world experience in Financial Control, Budgeting & Forecasting, Mergers & Acquisitions and Treasury, aligning to the ACA qualification. You will have a manager within each of your rotations and a mentor who will support you throughout the programme
- You will study for your ACA qualification (ICAEW) covering up to 15 exams over the 3-year programme
- Following successful completion of the programme, you will transition into one of our departments within finance where you will be able to hone your financial skills enabling you to become a Finance leader of the future. There are then opportunities to progress further onto roles such as Finance Manager, Business Partner or Head of a Finance function
- Graduates with a minimum 2.2, we are open to your degree subject as we are more interested in your passion for numbers and your drive to succeed.
- Non-Graduates with a level 4 qualification or above in accounting for example CFAB or AAT with a minimum 12 months experience within a finance function.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous thinking and problem-solving
- Analytical thinker and numerical skill
- Apply by submitting your CV (deadline 14th of April 2023)
- Your application will then progress through our rigorous screening process
- Online assessment (Mathematical and situational judgement tests) will be sent to applicants after the application end date
- If you are successful, we will follow up with a telephone interview with our recruitment team (Formal conversation to see if you’re the right fit for us and we’re the right fit for you!)
- Assessment day, a chance to come into our London office, interview and partake in assessment activities as well as network with our employees including our current cohort
- Within a week of the assessment day successful applicants will receive an offer to join Shawbrook in September 2023
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing, and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 27 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done