- Smailes Goldie Group
- Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire (GB)
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £10,000 - £20,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Whether you have studied at College or University and are wanting to take that next step, or you’re interested in a career change, we offer tailored Apprenticeship programmes to develop you into a fully qualified Accountant whilst giving you real life work experience working within one of the regions leading Accountancy firms.
- Undertaking and completing work as assigned to you by more senior staff in line with agreed timescales, budgets, and compliance with the applicable regulatory framework.
- Assisting with accounts preparation for clients.
- Conducting audits and producing audit files for review.
- Working independently and as part of a team to ensure deadlines are met.
- Demonstrate professionalism within the office environment and whilst attending client premises or communicating with clients verbally or in writing.
- Build and develop trust and relationships with your clients, always maintaining client confidentiality, in order to build a professional network.
- Be proactive in terms of managing your own workload and being aware of when it is necessary to prioritise certain tasks.
- Use your own initiative to complete work as effectively as possible.
- Undertake continuous training, self-learning and development by attending appropriate training programmes, or by undertaking your own technical research/reading, and keeping up to date with relevant issues within the profession.
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility and providing support and assistance wherever possible.
- Maintain constant communication with other team members in terms of progress and any potential issues which may arise.
We are looking for candidates who are finishing College, graduating University, or looking for a career change. The required qualifications or exam grades are 3 A-Level grades (or equivalent) between A-C or a 2:1 in any degree. We don’t require any specific experience, as full training will be given.
Smailes Goldie Group work closely with First Intuition, our chosen Training Provider to deliver exam and apprenticeship tuition in Accountancy.
Smailes Goldie Group are a leading firm of chartered accountants, business and tax advisors within the Humber Region and North Yorkshire. We have eleven partners and around 160 employees at office in Hull, Barton, Scarborough, Pickering and Kirkbymoorside.
As an independent firm, we balance building strong relationships with our clients, so we fully understand their needs, with being large enough to officer the expertise that is normally found within national firms.
We offer a full suite of business support services: Our clients come in all shapes and sizes from personal tax clients to large corporates, from a wide range of industries, such as agriculture, manufacturing, transport, healthcare and many more.
- 01482 326916
East Riding of Yorkshire
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert