An ACA training contract where you aren’t worked into the ground, you have a life, get client exposure from the off, dress down every day and a beer/wine fridge is cracked open every Friday afternoon...and hybrid working (part from home) when you are up and running you… Yes, you did read that right.
You would be joining an Audit & Accounts team with a brilliant track record of supporting ACA trainees, some of whom are now Senior Managers & Directors, supporting the development of the 40 strong Audit team.
Picture this, at the end of those three successful years, your salary would have pretty much doubled, you would be qualified and ready to step into an Audit Senior role supporting the development of new ACA trainees coming up through the ranks.
You would certainly feel looked after and part of the team, with Angie our Learning & Development Advisor supporting your progress and helping you to develop your career. There are a ton of social and sports clubs to get involved in, from charity fundraising events, football, netball and rounders, to the 'CBW winos’ (a well organised wine tasting club!) and CBW book club, and all this was recognised recently when we were named as one of the UK’s top 25 mid-sized firms to work for by Best Copanies survey.
As a graduate signing up for three years, what do you really want to know?
- When does it start? - Monday 21st August 2023
- Hours - Monday to Friday, 35 hours week, flexi time (yes really, we put a big emphasis on work life balance, enabling you to recharge your batteries) and hybrid working
- ££££- competitive, increases with time and exams, plus a sign on bonus ££££
- Who are we? - Top 60, City based full-service accountancy firm with15 Partners and165 staff
- What is life really like at CBW? Check out our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LInkedIn) and you can find a full ACA Graduate Brochure on the careers page on our website.
In a nutshell
You will gain experience across a broad range of clients and industries from day one, well not literally day one as you are at college for the first three weeks, learning all about the ACA programme.
You will receive training delivered by a leading professional training provider on a block release basis, enabling you to come back to the office and apply the knowledge you have gained. Couple this with internal and on the job training, support from like-minded professionals and your go get’em attitude; it’s a recipe for success!
In the early days you will be supporting Audit Semi-Seniors, Seniors or Managers (depending on the client and size of the audit) assisting with the preparation of audit files on site, liaising with clients and working to deadlines as a team.
For non-audit assignments you will be assisting with or preparing statutory and non-statutory accounts for corporate clients, partnerships and sole traders, this will also include abbreviated company accounts, full company accounts and from time to time, group accounts.
Whilst we appreciate it’s a graduate training contract, so your experience is going to be limited, there are a few things that we do need you to have: -
- 112 UCAS points (or 280 under the old tariff) and have or are expecting to achieve a 2.1 degree or higher. For the record we are totally open on degree subject, it doesn’t have to be a finance or accountancy related degree, and Maths GCSE at minimum Grade B or 6.
- Strong IT skills - with the numerous cloud offerings available, it goes without saying you will need to be comfortable working with different software and have an interest in how it supports audit and accounts. Obvious systems are Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent attention to detail - Bit of a no brainer, but pretty essential when working with large quantities of data and looking at important numbers.
- Managing your own time and working successfully to deadlines. We tend not to breathe down your neck when you undertake work, you will be given work to complete within manageable deadlines and it’s up to you how you do it most of the time.
- Excellent communication skills, this applies to working with team members, colleagues and clients, and also the ability to listen and follow instructions is going to form a crucial part of your training and development.
- An understanding of what is expected from you on an ACA training contract - if you don’t know, google it, check out the ICAEW website and understand what you are signing up for.
- Select apply now to be taken to our website and an online application form (CV also required)
- Check out the key dates of the process on our graduate page
- The closing date for applications is 12pm on Friday 7th April 2023
- This will be a 3-stage recruitment process, the first 2 interviews conducted via MS teams and the final piece of the puzzle is an assessment day in the office (London) on Wednesday 7th June 2023
- You can get more information on the progression year on year within your training,information on the full recruitment process and key dates by visiting the careers page on our website
Everyone who applies will receive a response with the outcome of their application by 10th April 2023.