Are you a natural and creative problem solver? Do you like to think outside the box? Do you have an interest in Law and working with numbers? Would you like to become ’the go to person’ for your clients?
We are currently on a look out a bright individual who is a keen on becoming a specialist within one of the areas of tax which can make your clients become a bigger player on the market, VAT (Value-Added Tax). We are currently looking for someone with an interest in becoming an expert in a specific area, enjoys problem solving, making sense of numbers as well as wanting to become a full-scale advisor to clients which could involve negotiating on their behalf to using the law to advise on the best course of action.
What can you gain?
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- Work-life as well as work-study balance.
- Agile working policy with working from home opportunities and flexible hours,
- Full study support to gain a globally recognised qualification with the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
- Linked learning approach with Kaplan or First Intuition, who are award winning training providers.
- On the job training and practical experience.
- Face to face contact with decision makers early on.
- A career within a national organisation, with access to a in a global network of 30,000 people across 147 countries.
- Working with a wide range of entrepreneurs, owner managed businesses and subsidiaries of large international groups.
- Secondments opportunities further down your career and more!
What will my day to day look like?
As a Tax Trainee (VAT) you can expect to be involved in the following responsibilities:
- Learning the fundamentals on the job as well as in classroom,
- Carrying out technical research, analysis and reports,
- Coming up with solutions with your team,
- Identifying areas of risk by conducting compliance health checks,
- Attending client meetings and advising on the best course of action,
- Assist with any inspections, address reporting requirements and registrations,
Who are we?
We're a dedicated team of like-minded VAT professionals, servicing the needs of a growing base of medium sized and large entrepreneurial businesses. As a member of one of the largest international accountancy associations in the world, a large amount of work we do addresses cross border VAT issues as well as other indirect tax matters, such as customs duty.
We are ranked among the UK's top 12 accountancy firms, therefore our varied client base are able to benefit from a high level of technical expertise which we are able to provide.
In 2020, we won the Best Advisory Services category of the new Business Resilience Awards, organised by Accountancy Age. Previously, we won National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year and Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards, we internationally re-branded, and we grew substantially with a few high-profile mergers. It's an exciting time to join the firm!
You will have contact with other members of the business from the very start, that is why your ability to build great business relationships is so important.
We do not require Tax Trainees to have a business or financial background. However, we do ask that applicants for our Tax trainee programme have achieved or are predicted to achieved at least 112 UCAS points (based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff) from 3 A-Levels, or equivalent, all achieved during the same exam year. This excludes General Studies. We also ask that graduate applicants have either achieved or are working to achieve at least a 2:1 at university.
Thank you for choosing to apply for one of our 2023 Trainee positions at MHA MacIntyre Hudson.
We are looking forward to hearing more about you!
Our advice is for you to work your way through the application process with care and attention, as the questions you answer as part of your application will allow for our assessors to determine whether they should progress you through to the next stages. This will include online testing and an assessment centre - dependent on the role you are applying for. This is your time to shine!
Give us as much detail as possible, spell check your answers and don't forget to re-read the application before you submit it at the end!
We are looking forward to reading more about your academic background, motivations of starting a career within tax and why you have applied to MacIntyre Hudson!
Upon application you will be asked to complete some diversity questions. MHA Macintyre Hudson is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy.