We are looking for values-driven, bright apprentices to join us for our March 2023 intake of audit trainees in our Charity and Not-for-Profit Team.
Making up nearly a quarter of our people, the Charity and Not-for-Profit team audits, advises and supports a diverse range of charities and NFPs including; membership bodies, dynamic social enterprises, international NGOs, Arts & Culture charities, academies, care homes, religious orders and more. To find out more about the team, please click here.
Key aspects of the role include:
- To act as a trainee auditor in the Charity Team, working with a wide range of not-for-profit organisations. Carry out all audit work, including visiting client sites mainly in and around London and Greater London.
- Keep Seniors, Managers and Partners informed of the progress of the team’s jobs.
- Budget for your time and keep costs within budget wherever possible.
- For smaller assignments, plan and complete the audit file as per the Audit Completion Checklist.
You will study towards the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Level 3 and Level 4 qualification over 30 months under an apprenticeship, building not only on your technical skills, but also on your personal and professional development. Continued career progression is supported with a view for further study towards becoming an Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) after completion of the AAT. Training consists of a combination of courses at the tutors’ offices, private study and regular exams, as well as on-the-job training. You will have paid study leave to support you in the run up to exams and all course and exam fees are paid for.
As the largest single-office accountancy firm in the UK, we describe ourselves as friendly and professional, with values ingrained in our culture of trust, client focus, exceptional service, specialist knowledge and approachability. We all work together under one roof, giving you the opportunity to collaborate, build relationships and shine from day one.
What’s in it for you?
We go above and beyond for our clients, but also for you. We have a genuine commitment to your development, offering you a closely supported and structured programme of tuition, provided by a top firm of external tutors. Internally, you’ll be supported by a manager who will act as your mentor, a trainee buddy, partners, senior staff and a dedicated Training and Development Coordinator.
As you progress through your training you will receive incremental salary increases as you hit various milestones in your qualification.
You are the right person for the role if:
- You are a problem solver with high standards, who thrives in a meritocracy, with an inquiring mind and a sociable disposition.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact professionally with internal and external clients
- You are a strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritise your time to studying and working simultaneously
- You can liaise with staff and clients (as required) and aim to further good relations to promote the firm’s image and services at all times.
No previous experience is required for our trainee roles, but to apply you will need to have:
- A minimum of 120 UCAS Tariff points from your top 3 A-levels, or equivalent (300 using the old tariff)
- A minimum of Level 5 (B grade using the old system) in GSCE Maths and English Language, or equivalent
- The right to work in the UK without restrictions for the duration of the training contract
Please note we do not accept General Studies or applications from part-qualified applicants.
To find out more about our apprenticeships and hear from our current apprentices and their mentors, please click here.
To find out more about life at Buzzacott, please click here.
To hear from team members across the firm on their experience of life at Buzzacott, please click here.